The Average Life Milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you measure against these -

Average marriage age: Men 32 Women 30

First child: Men 33 Women 30

First time house buyer: 30

I'm 27 so got a few years to hit these:lol:

Married at 33. First bairn at 36. First house at 26 (though was missus' money really)

That's my feelings on it..bit of a con imo, an old tradition that isn't really relevant any more. I can understand back in the day when it was harder for women to work as it was a security blanket, but now there is no need other than your lass having a day of getting loads of attention and not having to give you blowjobs any more.

Aye, the wedding itself would be a lot of hassle and a massive expense and I don't really see what you get out of it if you aren't a religious couple. To be honest having a bairn together was a much bigger sign of commitment than signing a bit of paper that you can rip up any time you want. Could get married, get divorced and never think of or speak to the woman again, have a child together and she's in your life forever one way or another through the bairn. She likes the idea of a wedding though so it'll probably happen eventually, I'm just putting it off as long as I can

Aye, the wedding itself would be a lot of hassle and a massive expense and I don't really see what you get out of it if you aren't a religious couple. To be honest having a bairn together was a much bigger sign of commitment than signing a bit of paper that you can rip up any time you want. Could get married, get divorced and never think of or speak to the woman again, have a child together and she's in your life forever one way or another through the bairn. She likes the idea of a wedding though so it'll probably happen eventually, I'm just putting it off as long as I can

Very good point mate, totally agree with the child part. Having a child bring you together a 10000% unless you're a bellend, a marriage I don't see the difference. It is literally just a big and expensive party. I'd rather spend the money on going away and not having to see her parents.

Christ.

26 and I’ve achieved literally nothing :lol:

There's a lot of variables to it, for example I haven't bought a house, but I have a deposit to do so, could could tick that one off.

Again with the kid thing, I am in a long term relationship but haven't had kids.

All ifs and buts

Christ.

26 and I’ve achieved literally nothing :lol:

On the flipside though, I've ticked the milestones, had a complete car crash of a life and now I'm 42, single and I'm not into video games so I have to resort to posting crap on here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back