[the Ashes] first test Trent Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cracking test. :lol:

I can't understand the commentators saying that last appeal was tactical. :eek:

There was a blatant loud noise when the ball past the bat, the bat was well clear of pad etc.

I knew it was clearly out even before the appeal.

Thank god I thought it was just me that clearly heard a snick, haha. I think it was Cooke and Anderson's appeal that threw them off. I think half the team were in shock. Anyway brilliant test match, what a great start.

Thank god I thought it was just me that clearly heard a snick, haha. I think it was Cooke and Anderson's appeal that threw them off. I think half the team were in shock. Anyway brilliant test match, what a great start.

Anderson has said he didn't think it was out but just went up cos the keeper did.

f***ing cramp, all you're doing is standing around!

:oops:

Bloody hell we are shite!

Doom and gloom throughout this match you like. Should save the impatience and knee jerking for the football marra :lol:

What a cracking test. :lol:

I can't understand the commentators saying that last appeal was tactical. :eek:

There was a blatant loud noise when the ball past the bat, the bat was well clear of pad etc.

I knew it was clearly out even before the appeal.
I jumped up celebrating and was baffled as to why the finger wasn't straight up and the lack of appealing from jimmy.

and swanny's bairn :lol::lol:

What a great test match, both sides played well, but our bowling attack is slightly better, as is our middle order....

Have not seen the last wicket appeal from Anderson yet as i was at work, but with 2 TMS available, england have been 100% better than australia in this test using technology !

GET IN ENGLAND :cool:

fantastic stuff from both sides :cool:

switched straight over to watch the closing stages of the Moto GP to see Crutchlow finish 2nd & Smith 6th.
then again for the finish of today's LeTour stage won by Froome extending his lead to over 4 mins. what a day! :)

Further confirmation that Test Cricket is the best version of any sport.

Another superb showing from Anderson, who stepped up when the rest went missing. Wonder what we will do for the next test re team selection. Could well replace Finn with Bresnan to give us more control and to lengthen our batting (although Id be tempted to stick with Finn at Lords as he knows it well, and I loathe to make changes at the drop of a hat).

Got to give Haddin a mention, cracking innings from him today.

Onions?

Good man.

The trouble is, their final wicket stands in this test have contributed more than our entire first innings. :eek::lol::oops:

And apart from the run out chance and Finn's drop in the deep, both Haddin and Pattinson look incredibly untroubled by anything we throw at them.

FWIW, I don't think this pitch is very good at all, too slow for the quicks and not a huge amount of turn for the spinners.

Always have faith in shit stats ;)

Steve Waugh was a gentleman too :cool:

great result (although some may disagree with the toss decision like myself ;) but they won so the end justified the means so cant complain :lol:).

Steve Waugh is a ****.

Do you remember the piss-take 'lap of honour' after they hammered us at home? Pretty sure that was his team.

One of a number of average looking Australian players who miraculously became good on or around 1990.

fantastic stuff from both sides :cool:

switched straight over to watch the closing stages of the Moto GP to see Crutchlow finish 2nd & Smith 6th.
then again for the finish of today's LeTour stage won by Froome extending his lead to over 4 mins. what a day! :)

England made Australia look good. Would have won by 9 wickets if we bowled first.

Finn....:oops:

England made Australia look good. Would have won by 9 wickets if we bowled first.

Finn....:oops:

Finn had a poor day. But as Michael Holding said today, " If they had thrown me the ball to bowl on a pitch like that I'd have thrown it back".

That was a Yorkshire pudding of pitch, and Lords will not be the same. Bresnan is a good solid bowler as is Onions and neither of them would let the team down. But Finn is the fastest bowler on either side and he offers something different. He should play at Lords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back