The Accountants

I don’t want either mate. I'm all for the young approach, but I'd rather they have at least some experience of being in charge.
If they are young and experienced in management that suggests they have done very well early in their career (at decent level(and i dont think we are in the market for the wages they would demand...if we apply our model to the coach we are looking for someone who has not made it yet but has potential and will work within the governance set that we have at the club........that is a very small pool and proct and dodds are deffo in with a shout.........in truth i think we are trying to set up a process where the coach will be less ans less important in the system and easily changed without much disruption and no experienced manager (tm did it for family reasons)of any worth would work under such conditions.
Im guessing we will sign some foreign coach who is on the up but with little experience of managing at a high level ,probably a second in command at a big club or a manager of team in a poor standard league in europe... No coach of any self worth will accept a job where they are told who has to play in the team by the owners or a speaky like character so unless those stories are tripe we will only sign a yes man.

Caretaker managers getting the job permanently. Crosby, Sbragia….

Does it ever work out long term?
it did for liverpool over and over again!... if its done just to save money (safc experience)it rarely works but if its done because they are good at their job it can work.

Last edited:
Speaking to someone at the match yesterday and apparently Dodds wants it full time (why wouldn’t he) see what happens Tuesday, if it’s anything like yesterday then he could be in with a shout.
He said this in his press conference but it didn’t really get picked up. He was asked if he wants the job and he completely ducked it saying “I haven’t thought about it” which is obviously untrue. A politician’s answer

it did for liverpool over and over again!... if its done just to save money (safc experience)it rarely works but if its done because they are good at their job it can work.
Liverpool were very very good when they were appointing from within. We’ve been shit when we’ve tried It. It’s a cheapskates option if a teams struggling.
Big game for them.

i think a good result tonight and speakman will give them serious consideration.
Never in a million years.
People would be over the moon if we appointed Sable and some of those same people would be fuming if it was Dodds. I really don't understand why Dodds is so disliked by some.
I don’t think he is. Struggling clubs appointing from within isn’t visionary, it’s cheapskatery.

Last edited:
Liverpool were very very good when they were appointing from within. We’ve been shit when we’ve tried It. It’s a cheapskates option if a teams struggling.

Never in a million years.

I don’t think he is. Struggling clubs appointing from within isn’t visionary, it’s cheapskatery.
👀🤔

Back