The 6 teams from 5th to 10th

Performances were miles better though. No one expected us to do as well as we did. The fight and fearlessness from the side is gone now. We've looked like Lee Johnsons hit and hope for months. Massive regression.

Aye, don’t disagree.

We’re miles off.

Are all playing against a fellow 5th-10th placed team this coming weekend

West Brom (5th) v Coventry (9th)
Preston (8th) v Hull (6th)
Norwich (7th) v SAFC (10th)

They can't all get 3 points. The very last of the last chance saloons IMO.

The results at the weekend were almost perfect for us, bar our own game. Which was a huge kick in the knackers.

Anything can happen but even I am running out of hope. Although a quick check of the historical table of 2023 shows Coventry 6 points off the playoffs after 37 games... :D And us 8 points off! :eek:
After 35 games last season, we were in 10th with 49pts and six points out of the playoffs.

Win on Saturday and after 35 games we would be in 10th with 50pts and 6-8pts out of the playoffs.

It's far from over.

After 35 games last season, we were in 10th with 49pts and six points out of the playoffs.

Win on Saturday and after 35 games we would be in 10th with 50pts and 6-8pts out of the playoffs.

It's far from over.
We're pap! Have you not been watching us the last three odd months? By all means go back to last season and compare how we were playing then as to now. Sakes

Last edited:
Was not impressed by PNE at all home and away. Norwich were a candidate for the worst side at the SOL this season. Hull were disappointing at their place and lucky to win at ours , as flat as we seemed. We've made a real mess of this season when you look at what is above us.

This season is long gone, but we would only get smashed in the play offs anyway, we aren’t ready.

Preparation for next season needs to start now.
Sadly mate, you've pretty much nailed it there. Being far from the action, my opinion is (I accept) pretty much "academic" Having said that, I'd suggest that the priority is to get some (winning) consistency to at least stay in touch with the top half of the table. By doing that, buy the time to get the managerial appointment RIGHT! (absolutely VITAL!) and hopefully, retain the good-performing squad members. E-A-S-Y eh?? ;) ..... a bit rich coming from an Evertonian I hear you say!!:lol::lol::lol:
I really DO hope that SAFC and more pertinently, the administration, can get the act together and get back to the top flight!!!

Are all playing against a fellow 5th-10th placed team this coming weekend

West Brom (5th) v Coventry (9th)
Preston (8th) v Hull (6th)
Norwich (7th) v SAFC (10th)

They can't all get 3 points. The very last of the last chance saloons IMO.

The results at the weekend were almost perfect for us, bar our own game. Which was a huge kick in the knackers.

Anything can happen but even I am running out of hope. Although a quick check of the historical table of 2023 shows Coventry 6 points off the playoffs after 37 games... :D And us 8 points off! :eek:
Don’t do drugs kids.

It's far from over.
Oh Paul

Lose the next 3 which is entirely possible and we’ll be looking over our shoulder

This is more worrying than toying with the playoffs. A quick glance at the form guide suggests Huddersfield, QPR and Sheffield Wednesday have all won two out of their last three games. Millwall got an immediate new manager bounce winning at Southampton last weekend. Birmingham beat us comfortably recently as did Swansea.

If we go into a nosedive of form caused by a lack of experience in the side and the dugout, continue our struggles in front of goal I wouldn’t rule out a very anxious end to the season

It's far from over.
It is over we are by far the worst team in the top 10 , do we have no realists as fans, I’m more worried of being pulled into the bottom 3

Last edited:
Aye and neither us or Coventry went up.

We only just missed out by the last kick of the game :rolleyes: But your point is taken.

With the teams in the top 6 places, most of the clubs in the Championship would struggle to get past them. You and us are not alone. Enjoy your remaining games for what they are. If you make the playoffs, treat it as a fun bonus.

Speakman has had five windows to sign us a striker. He has filled our squad with feeble crap from overseas.

If anyone thinks this will improve while he remains at the club is very much mistaken.

We are destined to float around in this league for years with Speakman and KLD running things. Next season will be a carbon copy of this season.

Back