The 6 teams from 5th to 10th

HABA87

Striker
Are all playing against a fellow 5th-10th placed team this coming weekend

West Brom (5th) v Coventry (9th)
Preston (8th) v Hull (6th)
Norwich (7th) v SAFC (10th)

They can't all get 3 points. The very last of the last chance saloons IMO.

The results at the weekend were almost perfect for us, bar our own game. Which was a huge kick in the knackers.

Anything can happen but even I am running out of hope. Although a quick check of the historical table of 2023 shows Coventry 6 points off the playoffs after 37 games... :D And us 8 points off! :eek:

The results at the weekend were almost perfect for us, bar our own game. Which was a huge kick in the knackers.

Anything can happen but even I am running out of hope. Although a quick check of the historical table of 2023 shows Coventry 6 points off the playoffs after 37 games... :D And us 8 points off! :eek:
Give it up. We’re done. There’s not a chance this squad and coaching team finish in the top 6. Have you seen our recent record away from home?

Norwich have come into good form especially at home, Looking at the rest they all have better forwards players than us which is criminal...

This season is long gone, but we would only get smashed in the play offs anyway, we aren’t ready.

Preparation for next season needs to start now.
Preparation for next season started on Saturday, a team without Clarke and Ballard, went well didn't it ! FTM

Preparation for next season started on Saturday, a team without Clarke and Ballard, went well didn't it ! FTM
We are a miserable team without them. Chod United. I’d hope that if we do sell them, then we’ll at least have some semi-exciting replacements.

Forget the play offs this season. We have no right to be in them with how poorly we've been playing. Concentrate on getting the right man in as coach and if it's not too much to ask, actually start thinking about what players we can bring in that might actually improve us. To think, a year ago my optimism was quite high. The powers that be have shafted that in a string of disastrous decisions. Arse.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect any hope of promotion will be well and truly squashed out of even the most optimistic fans after the next 3 games.

That said it would be just like safc to pull a couple shock wins against the big boys after 3 awful games against shite.

I will wave my scarf if that happens but I am not holding my breath I believe season over given the circumstances and state of play…

We are a miserable team without them. Chod United. I’d hope that if we do sell them, then we’ll at least have some semi-exciting replacements.
That's the big question isn't it. If we sell Clarke and Ballard, what are we bringing in? I don't have the fees infront of me but we sold Rosco for 10 mil and what have we spent that on? From the looks of this lot we should still have 9 million left and some change. Did we sell Lihadji for a few mil as well? That may have been forum talk mind

Last edited:

Aye and neither us or Coventry went up.

Back