The 4hr Interview with Ellis Short

PTR

Striker

I said all along that Short might have put loads of money in, but he had no idea what he was doing, and that this money was totally wasted due to a long line of bad decisions.
Seems the lads at Fullwell73 came to the same conclusion:

""An hour and a half later and we're still talking in detail about all of his mistakes in his time at the club, and that conversation was all driven by him. He knew he had a made a mess of it, but by this point he just did not know how to get out of it."

So pleased that he was able to hand the club to someone else. I really hope Donald and his team stay on at the club in a meaningful way - they know football, and they know SAFC.

I said all along that Short might have put loads of money in, but he had no idea what he was doing, and that this money was totally wasted due to a long line of bad decisions.
Seems the lads at Fullwell73 came to the same conclusion:

""An hour and a half later and we're still talking in detail about all of his mistakes in his time at the club, and that conversation was all driven by him. He knew he had a made a mess of it, but by this point he just did not know how to get out of it."

So pleased that he was able to hand the club to someone else. I really hope Donald and his team stay on at the club in a meaningful way - they know football, and they know SAFC.

The anger of successive relagations as eased for me and the fact he wiped out the debt.

We actually bumped in to him on his way in to Wembley and he basically said he'd done everything he could but had messed up badly.

Must regret the day he got involved with us and the millions he wasted trusting people like Maggie Byrne, Keith Lemon & Bain.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he should have done everything in his power to keep Quinny on board.

Last edited:
Wasn't a fan of him at the time, but feel quite sorry for him now. Tbh, we're on the cusp of maybe the most important period in our entire history and that wouldn't have happened without him

He probably lost the equivalent of 1000 quid in real money.
He won’t have sleepless nights.

Wasn't a fan of him at the time, but feel quite sorry for him now. Tbh, we're on the cusp of maybe the most important period in our entire history and that wouldn't have happened without him
Not to mention Six in a Row :cool:

I was raging over his fuck ups at the time but the fact he spent a hell of a lot of money to bail us out mitigates him completely. He was part of the circus, not running the show

History will remember him as a good man led astray by utter wranguns which is fair enough

Back