That awkward moment when someone asks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
done one a couple of weeks back - not officially, so no pressure to get anything right, as you can see by the pic i entered in this month's comp, i didn't get paid or owt, just took my camera along and snapped away all day, ended up quite pleased with my efforts and the happy couple loved them too when i sent them to them.

Some of those wedding photos popped up in my Faceook feed the other week! I thought you did a cracking job!

I think his bride candid from last year was my fav shot of the year

Much better than the dodgy landscape shot he actually won for the year before ;)

Some of those wedding photos popped up in my Faceook feed the other week! I thought you did a cracking job!

really? cheers marra, we must have some mutual friends then.

He is good at people like

Shame about the bride's dress catching light on some wire wool, but accidents happen

aye, everyone else was showering the bride in confetti, i figured sparks from wire wool were the better option :lol:

I think his bride candid from last year was my fav shot of the year

Much better than the dodgy landscape shot he actually won for the year before ;)

cheers marra, still think PB thinks the shot was staged as she looked quite a lot like a candid i got of a girl in menorca a couple of month later.

All the high street lot down here just seem to charge sky high prices for piss pot excuses for photography. Ive seen people pay over 100 for a canvas. The photo itself was out of focus and slightly blurred along with having things like someone in a white shirt next to a white background.
Even the royal wedding photographer got it wrong! :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Some of the best wedding photographs I've seen have come not from the "employed" photographer of the day but from someone with a good eye for a photograph.

Even the royal wedding photographer got it wrong! :lol:

Some of the best wedding photographs I've seen have come not from the "employed" photographer of the day but from someone with a good eye for a photograph.

Surely any photographer would struggle with the genetic abnormalities of the Windsor family?

cheers marra, still think PB thinks the shot was staged as she looked quite a lot like a candid i got of a girl in menorca a couple of month later.

I can independently verify that Clyde has never known any girls

My brother in-law asked his mam's fauxtog friend to do them and they were f***ing shite. :cry:

They asked for 'informal' so she didn't bother with any formal groups, and loads of people are missing from the record of the day (eg the bride's sister in law and 1 month old niece). She also seems to have had no idea how to compose a shot, set white balance or manage the crowd. Our photographer had a megaphone, which sounds a bit twatty, but a very good idea as it turned out.

My brother in-law asked his mam's fauxtog friend to do them and they were f***ing shite. :cry:

They asked for 'informal' so she didn't bother with any formal groups, and loads of people are missing from the record of the day (eg the bride's sister in law and 1 month old niece). She also seems to have had no idea how to compose a shot, set white balance or manage the crowd. Our photographer had a megaphone, which sounds a bit twatty, but a very good idea as it turned out.

It's a fine line like. Went to a wedding once which was in that abroad, so baking hot and fly central. The photographer was barking at everyone all day. A lot of the group shots featured very annoyed looking people.

Ours photographer was very quiet, so needed a bit of help from the bridesmaids and that to round up people for formals. Worked out fine, but you could see a situation where she'd balls things up.

I would certainly have one, yes. Ours just shouted at people, which was also great

I've filmed two weddings, most stressful jobs I have ever done. Got another two booked in for the summer :-(

I have a camera, therefore I'm a photographer. I've seen hundreds of example like this.

I have a fyessbook friend who bought a camera and has decided that they are a professional photographer.

Below are 2 shots from their gallery - as in, what they consider to be their very best work.

It's like buying Photoshop and deciding that you are a graphic designer.

I have a fyessbook friend who bought a camera and has decided that they are a professional photographer.

Below are 2 shots from their gallery - as in, what they consider to be their very best work.

It's like buying Photoshop and deciding that you are a graphic designer.

far too many people around like this now, i know of a couple of people doing wedding packages and there pics that iv'e seen to date are very very average indeed.
at the moment i think i know my camera inside out and know what it takes to make a good shot, not all the time but most of the time anyway and i was quite pleased with the wedding i just done but i had no pressure on me and to be honest i shot it for myself as kinda like a challenge i guess, but dont think at the moment i'd take someones cash and take full responsibility for capturing there big day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back