Testing on animals

safcforever

Striker
I can’t believe what I’ve just found out.

I thought testing on animals meant rubbing the make up on them or feeding them the new product :eek: :evil:

He seems to have forgotten his previous opinion on the subject (credit to @Baloo )

Testing on animals
You are correct. I owe a huge apology to @Baloo and anyone else I tried to argue against.

I honestly believed it was a case of rubbing make up and feeding new ingredients to the animals. However, there is no need at all to do what we are doing. I'm actually upset and embarrassed by our behavior

I’d like to know if it’s ok to get a bit shampoo in my eyes.

I mean I don’t want to hurt an animal to prove this but we do need to know before we administer our favourite shampoo.

What should we do instead of hoying a few drops in Bertie the Beagles eyes?

They won’t have any tabs to test so most of them must be sitting about looking for work.

i’m only joking they can test vapes obviously.

I’d like to know if it’s ok to get a bit shampoo in my eyes.

I mean I don’t want to hurt an animal to prove this but we do need to know before we administer our favourite shampoo.

What should we do instead of hoying a few drops in Bertie the Beagles eyes?

They won’t have any tabs to test so most of them must be sitting about looking for work.

i’m only joking they can test vapes obviously.
I'm no scientist but surely its possible to test against DNA or similar, imagine being born just to make sure something is good for another species.

After what happened with Thalidomide there will always be stringent safety procedures for new drugs and that will for the forseeable future include testing the drug on animals. It's usually mice in the earlier trials which are often anaesthetised but does also include Beagles too.

An interesting read here: Ethical reasons why beagles have to die

Computers can’t replicate “research models” (aka animals) yet, if you’ve ever popped a pill, or had a licenced pharmaceutical product it’s been tested on animals.

Stressed research models can’t be used for testing as they produce unreliable study results. It’s bad business for a regulated pharma organisation to treat their research models with anything other than the best possible care.

Back