Terminator 2

Better than the first one. Arnie did well to go from the baddie to the goodie.
Not as concerned for the planet as Bill Oddie like but let's face it after Skynet kicked off the planet was fecked anyway.

What was basically wrong with the later films, besides awful acting and bad writing, was that they shot them in daylight.

Terminator 1 and 2 taught me that the future was eternally night, filled with skulls, and lit by hunterkillers with searchlights.

so kyle reece shagged john Connors mam.. the rest I don't understand

Edward Furlong is absolutely brilliant, makes the film the epic it is. Not many sequels can be said to be better than the 1st, this is one of them.
I'd also say home alone 2
You've taken leave of your senses, mate.

The Terminator's the pick of the other lot but Hamilton's a bit more useful and bouffantless in the second one.

Seen the clip of him lately?
Could give that Home Alone kid a run for the furthest fall from grace of a child actor.
Yeah he’s a mess. Drugged up, bloated and generally looks like a f***ing tramp.

Outstanding film.

Sure it broke the mould with the special effects when the motorbike drove out the office window onto the helicopter
Raised the bar for physical effects and digital. The liquid metal stuff was mind blowing at the time.

Last edited:
What was basically wrong with the later films, besides awful acting and bad writing, was that they shot them in daylight.

Terminator 1 and 2 taught me that the future was eternally night, filled with skulls, and lit by hunterkillers with searchlights.

Also to add to this I believe both the first 2 films were rated 15, the following were all 12a so they were bound to be shit.

I hope deadpool has taught hollywood theres still money to be made from 15/18 rated movies

Yeah he’s a mess. Drugged up, bloated and generally looks like a f***ing tramp.

Raised the bar for physical effects and digital. The liquid metal stuff was mind blowing at the time.

Aye - every few years a film comes along that raises the bar on what can be done with effects. Star Wars obviously. Terminator, Jurassic Park, Avatar. The problem now is that effects take the place of story and you get crap like Transformers. Terminator 2 had great effects but also an interesting albeit sci-fi mindfuck time travelling story with a bit of social commentary (beware Skynet / big corps) thrown in.

Back