Team v wycombe, catts expected to be fit, maja to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cattermole straight back in. One of 2 or 3 players who play when they're fit. McGeouch the one to make way.

No way will MCGeouch be dropped

Ross is going to have a nice problem picking this team, the chosen players will know there is pressure from the bench and they have to perform

I think he may go 3 at the back, helping him squeeze another midfield player in

……………mcloughlin…………..

....baldwin...loovens....ozturk

gooch..mcgeoch..honeyman.oviedo

....................mgeady.........................

...........maguire.......maja.................

3 5 1

not really

Midfield is looking strong, Catts and Power to add to that. When Wykes and Watmore are fit we will have a very strong squad, probably need another centre half

Last edited:

If he played 3 at the back Tuesday then surely that will be in his thinking for Saturday? Gives him a chance to get Catts back in anarl so makes sense, give him an hour then get 09 on against his former club.
Never crossed my mind 3 at the back for Saturday but it's great to have all these options. Got some big calls to make come Saturday does JR.

Manager has done well with his calls so far. Picking the team and the bench to suit each individual game.

Nothing to suggest he will do anything different this time. Hopefully he will again make good calls and good choices when putting on substitutes.

Have to hope the players do their bit. No unecessary sending off's and no injuries, so the team gives JR options and not triggers to fill a gap!

Ha-way the Lads make the game a good one three points please and another clean sheet will do me!

If he played 3 at the back Tuesday then surely that will be in his thinking for Saturday? Gives him a chance to get Catts back in anarl so makes sense, give him an hour then get 09 on against his former club.

I can see your reasoning but the back 4 has been so effective recently that I think he’ll stick as close as he can to it, and just replace Flanagan with Loovens or Ozturk. (Temporarily).

We kept Morecambe out, but it wasn’t an overall performance to inspire changing formation in the first 11.

Loovens in for Flanagan and Maja in for Sinclair should be the only changes. The team is on a roll so there is no point in changing formation and dropping players to suit one player.

No way he'll drop mcgeough. Goes against the grain on here but I like him. Doesn't get flustered, keeps the ball moving. Positional sense is good. He'll look even better in the championship where more football is played.

Agree with this, I think he's one of our better players. If he got the ball fired into him with all eleven players of the other team surrounding him I still wouldn't expect him to give the ball away.

No way he'll drop mcgeough. Goes against the grain on here but I like him. Doesn't get flustered, keeps the ball moving. Positional sense is good. He'll look even better in the championship where more football is played.
I quite like McGeouch tbh but imo I just think Cattermole is the best we have in central midfield so he starts for me

.....................McLaughlin..................
Mathews.Baldwin.Loovens.James
............McGeouch...Honeyman.....
........................Maguire......................
Gooch..............Maja.........Mcgeady

Subs: Ruiter, Oviedo, Ozturk,
Power, Cattermole, O'Nien, Sinclair

Power in for Honeyman and we're good to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back