Team v Plymouth?

I think we might see two up front - if not today, then very soon.
I also think we're shaping up to play 3 at the back with Ballard in the middle, Seelt and Hjelde either side and changing into a back 5 with the midfield wide players when defending. Not sure if our new gaffer is sharp enough to do this properly though.

I think Rusyn for Burstow will be the only change to the starting line up.
I hope Beale keeps doing the things which I think are the reasons for our improvement:

- playing a striker
- playing two wide players to give us width
- getting the ball forward quicker
- making subs earlier than he was doing previously

Does anyone think Seelt would be a better option in midfield rather than say Ekwah or Jobe? Just my opinion of course, but I think he'd be very good as our defensive/holding midfielder allowing the other 2 to play higher up? None of our current midfield 3 are defensively minded. I'd drop Jobe for a game or two to try this out, I do think Seelt is a better player at the moment and would be comfortable sitting in front of the defence, and stop 09 and Ballard rushing out of position. At the moment MB's got Burstow dropping into midfield to act as a pivot for attacks, which works, but means we have no striker on the end of the cross, and allows the midfield the easy pass option. If Neil and Ekwah have licence to play higher up, then the attacks will be quicker, and ideal for Rusyn. Just a couple of tweaks and the team will be a lot more fluid.

No he's not a poor footballer but some his decision making is pretty rank tbh. That one last week where he cut across the byline and just put it into the side netting...that was 10yr old decision making. Lift his head and he had Ekwah steaming in to tap it in.

Agreed. But it will get better. He's a better player than when he first joined. He has a huge amount of potential .

Agreed. But it will get better. He's a better player than when he first joined. He has a huge amount of potential .
Tbh, i think he looked much better when he first arrived :lol: he was unreal on his debut at Watford...i even made a thread about him after game saying we got a star on our hands:lol:

I would like to see 09 moved to CDM with 30m to go and bring on seelt. looking forward to cirkin and Alese being fit so we can properly use our defence

I worry about the mental wellbeing of people who insist that we are/will / should play onien in midfield

He hasn’t played a single game there for about 5 year

I can't remember the last time he played in midfield, but he wasn't very good at it.

Centre half's a much more straightforward role. You get a lot more time on the ball, players are only running one way, and your positioning is well defined.

He's done alright since moving there, so that's where I'd leave him.
Qpr last season we played very well and so did luke
I worry about the mental wellbeing of people who insist that we are/will / should play onien in midfield

He hasn’t played a single game there for about 5 year
Qpr away last season

He is only half the player he was at the start of the season. Early on we could not believe he was so good and only 17. Something has caused his performances to drop, because we would not have been excited about him back in October if he had been performing like he does now.

Going forward, I think he is going to be an excellent player and most likely move elsewhere for a lot of money. Whatever it is that has caused the drop in performance needs to stop now before we potentially ruin a young lads career.

Not many 17/18 year olds play the amount of first team football he has.
Looking back at the start of the season other than his size I haven’t watched him and thought wow. He was still slow to get the ball under control. The high tempo/press stuff we played slowly started to go from the side. We changed the way we played to accommodate him. I get the argument he’s 18 and learning but the amount of minutes he gets is astounding based on his ability/form. Once styles is fit I honestly believe that we will start seeing him upfront again. The lad is undroppable which is causing us problems.

Rusyn would be the only change I'd make, Roberts did absolutely nothing last week so he doesn't just walk straight back in. onein is now a centre back whether people like it or not, Mowbray thought so and now Beale so don't expect him to play anywhere else unless it's an emergency, ekwah hasn't been great lately but he's played about 25 games in his whole career, there's a player in there though and he just needs to play
Bellingham needs dropping

Back