Teachers leaving the profession is a tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bagpuss

I can 100% vouch for the “an increasingly bland and joyless educational diet”

Terrible to see so many of my colleagues, particularly the more experienced ones drive out of the profession. Top and bottom is that ultimately it will be the kids who suffer as their love of learning is utterly destroyed. Watched it with my own kids during SATS year in year 6, they utterly despise school now and just want it over with asap so they can do something interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...longparish-primary-school-hampshire?CMP=fb_gu

Terrible to see so many of my colleagues, particularly the more experienced ones drive out of the profession. Top and bottom is that ultimately it will be the kids who suffer as their love of learning is utterly destroyed. Watched it with my own kids during SATS year in year 6, they utterly despise school now and just want it over with asap so they can do something interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...longparish-primary-school-hampshire?CMP=fb_gu
Are you quitting? :lol:

Good luck in your future role then, you'll have to keep us posted on your next adventure, when's the exit date?

Need my 3 eldest kids to be through school, sort out finances, give my lasses business time to bed down. For me security of my family has to be the first priority, the 2022 election coincides with a lot of the above happening at the same time so 5 years plan for me. Self employment next, loved helping to build her business and there are a number of offshoots from that I could explore.

Don't blame them, kids these days need a good kicking and I for one could not be arsed to deal with the jumped up little twats on a daily basis

10 years ago I said if I'd had my time again I'd have been a teacher. Thank fuck i wasn't in a position to change my career at that time as I'd be kicking myself now

Need my 3 eldest kids to be through school, sort out finances, give my lasses business time to bed down. For me security of my family has to be the first priority, the 2022 election coincides with a lot of the above happening at the same time so 5 years plan for me. Self employment next, loved helping to build her business and there are a number of offshoots from that I could explore.

But I thought you were a raving lefty!! How in all conscience can you possibly assist your lass in her filthy capitalist machinations???? ;)

A young English teacher, her classroom is opposite my office, is leaving teaching. She is brilliant for a 24 year old. She's quitting this summer.

I wish my teachers had all fucked off the horrible bullying bastards. I can say in all honesty I would happily kick a number of them to death of I ever met them and thought I could get away with it.

Don't blame them, kids these days need a good kicking and I for one could not be arsed to deal with the jumped up little twats on a daily basis

10 years ago I said if I'd had my time again I'd have been a teacher. Thank fuck i wasn't in a position to change my career at that time as I'd be kicking myself now

:lol:
Join the queue for the kicking bit.

Sounds as if you were a polite and well behaved student at at 14 ..:lol:;)
Believe it or not I was. it was only after I was bullied and belittled by said teachers that I want a bit awray. E.G. I deliberately failed a maths exam in my third year so that I wouldn't get the same teacher( who was the worst offender) the next year. I have since learnt that the said teacher has died. I sincerely hope it as long and painful the horrible bullying bastard deserves Hell if it existed.

She got that burger van outside the echo office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back