'Teacher' too stupid to be a real teacher

Easily done, I got a ticket after mis-reading the signs which said pay for parking 8am till 6pm so I paid till 6pm and went for a beer and curry I hadn't spotted that after 6pm it was residents permits only.

She’s paid a fee higher than she needed to. Anyone with an ounce of sense at the parking place should cancel that fine. It’s ridiculous.

I agree that by the letter of the rules she’s got it wrong, but she paid for parking and she parked.

"The 55-year-old yoga teacher used the PaybyPhone parking app to pay for her stay, with the app automatically picking up the location code of a meter which was a short distance from her car".

This is the key bit where she is at fault.

It's always someone thinking "that'll do" when something like this happens.

"The 55-year-old yoga teacher used the PaybyPhone parking app to pay for her stay, with the app automatically picking up the location code of a meter which was a short distance from her car".

Indeed. Fails to mention that the app would have also automatically picked up the location code of the right car park as well. And have the postcode and names of them both. And the code would be written in massive letters on the sign in the car park to check against if you aren't sure.

She’s paid a fee higher than she needed to. Anyone with an ounce of sense at the parking place should cancel that fine. It’s ridiculous.

I agree that by the letter of the rules she’s got it wrong, but she paid for parking and she parked.
She's used the app they signed up to, let the app find here location and then paid the fee the app asked for.

Yes, she could have double checked the location picked up correctly, but you shouldn't need to double check when the app is supposed to do this.

Indeed. Fails to mention that the app would have also automatically picked up the location code of the right car park as well. And have the postcode and names of them both. And the code would be written in massive letters on the sign in the car park to check against if you aren't sure.
It's usually quite small on the side of the meter ime.

It's also a case of pushing tech onto older folk who aren't as comfortable with it as the younger generation. Dunno if this was one these locations where its app only, but if it was then just highlights another reason there should be an option for a proper meter that issues physical tickets.

Chronicle stretching the definition of 'teacher' here. Never understand why people embarrass themselves by going to the papers when they're at fault.
That’s a tad harsh. Seems a fairly simple mistake and the twats at the parking company can see she paid to park in the area. Typical of the way the place is now run.

QUOTE="PeteFTM, post: 39249338, member: 39805"]
What a belting news story, it’s so important that rare events like this are covered
[/QUOTE]
On its own it's a non story, however if the app is to blame then they'll be a lot more people being fined unfairly. Then it becomes a story

Back