Talk In at the Engine Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bet Brian Clough was

Every manager should be in charge of who he signs
none of them are..for the simple reason the amount of money they can spnd is diactetd by someone else..

all managers have a chief scout ssuggesting ideas..which is what safc has..but people on here are determiend to make that soud like its somethng unusual to have a chief scout recommending players..and that having such a thing absolves the manager of blame..

Jack Ross is a decent bloke who fell a bit short tactically. People going on like they hate him are complete arseholes in my humble opinion
i dont think many hate him, very small minority perhaps, most will say he was a decent bloke but just to cautious, if he could have turned the draws into wins and gone for it a bit more... nevermind
If he ever returns to SOL with another team i very much doubt he would get booed

i dont think many hate him, very small minority perhaps, most will say he was a decent bloke but just to cautious, if he could have turned the draws into wins and gone for it a bit more... nevermind
If he ever returns to SOL with another team i very much doubt he would get booed
I'd hope not but i've noticed a few characters on here. In the words of the great Tom Jones 'It's not unusual'.

Alex Ferguson :lol:
at the end of his career he probably had more power than any other manager in hisotry..but that was after 20 years and ransforming the club..

he still had a director of recruitment suggesting players though...and david gill doing the negotiatons..

does that mean they werent his signings?

Why?
I just said I would have respected Ross more if he had resigned.
I know most Managers wait for the payoff, but Ross knew the financial situation at the club.

Roy Keane from Sunderland
Gordon Strachen from Boro
Martin O’Neil from Aston Villa
Paul Scolds from Oldham
Pochettino from Southampton
They are all Multi millionaires who could afford the principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back