Talk In at the Engine Room

People should of course keep a cool head, but he should really be asked how a side he had scraping and hanging on to results was capable of taking a team to task last night. Why he wasn't more attacking.

Stupid if so.
And what would you call him if he cancelled this charity gig.
People should of course keep a cool head, but he should really be asked how a side he had scraping and hanging on to results was capable of taking a team to task last night. Why he wasn't more attacking.
I agree - he will point of course to goals scored and win percentages but we rarely dominated games or excited fans.

Last edited:
I think because he was sacked at a reasonable time and presents as a decent bloke, I hope there are few people that will bear a grudge. He's appears to be a clever bloke and long term I suspect he will really benefit from his experience here...ironically, particularly if Parkinson is able to get a tune out of these players....and i would expect him to go on and be a successful manager.

I think after the Lincoln result he knew his time was over.
I would have respected him more if he had done the honourable thing and resigned.

I like Jack Ross and really want him to succeed in the game. I think there were too many factors against him in his short time with us.
However, this is the one question I really would like to hear him talk at length, not just a pat answer.
He could argue that we went more attacking eg Coventry at home last year (4 goals) and got nowt for it; but he would find it hard to deny the logic that 3x 4-3 wins along with 3x 5-4 defeats is a far better outcome than 6 x 1-1 draws.

Back