taking in a game of cricket...

T20 Fixtures for all counties

All the fixtures. The game on a Sunday will start around 230pm, the weekday games start around 630pm. Of course start times can differ when sky get involved
So waiting til at least August for a daytime, weekend game. I’ll probably go for a weekday/Friday nighter in that case. Still July at the earliest. I didn’t think it’d be that late in the year. Thanks for the info, anyway.

So waiting til at least August for a daytime, weekend game. I’ll probably go for a weekday/Friday nighter in that case. Still July at the earliest. I didn’t think it’d be that late in the year. Thanks for the info, anyway.
It late due to England hosting the World Cup this summer. There are games at Durham for that as well.

England tickets usually start at £30 for a game

Never been to the T20 fixture at Durham but I'm told by cricket forum regulars that the match against us Yorkies is the best. It's like when your Sunderland lot play Leeds Scum or either of the Shitfield clubs except you get to give all of us some abuse at the same time, whichever of the three Ridings we hail from and take the piss when you beat us ;)

Am I right in thinking that some friendlies are starting in March this year? Or have I dreamt it or something?

The game against Durham Uni starts on March 26-definitely the first time I'll be watching a cricket match before the clocks have gone forward.:eek:

Having said that the last couple of days' weather was definitely good enough to stage a game down the Riverside.

Forgot to add, that the Yorkshire T20 home game can get around 8000 and can be a bit spicy with the yorkie fans who come up

Be even worse this forthcoming season if Dirty Leeds have been promoted to the Prem.:evil:

Last edited:
The game against Durham Uni starts on March 26-definitely the first time I'll be watching a cricket match before the clocks have gone forward.:eek:

Having said that the last couple of days' weather was definitely good enough to stage a game down the Riverside.

Be even worse this forthcoming season if Dirty Leeds have been promoted to the Prem.:evil:
Will be f***ing grim at Headingley as well for us Yorkies that aren't L***s fans. L***s think they are Yorkshire and sadly judging by your post the rest of the country believe it!

Last edited:
sadly judging by your post the rest of the country believe it!

It's just that they've got the biggest gobs.

Funnily enough I was at the 50 over match against Yorkshire last season which coincided with the RL weekend at Sid James.

Was chatting with some Castleford lads who were despairing at some loud mouthed Hull fans making an exhibition of themselves in the Co Durham Upper saying they were RL's answer to Leeds Utd.

It's just that they've got the biggest gobs.

Funnily enough I was at the 50 over match against Yorkshire last season which coincided with the RL weekend at Sid James.

Was chatting with some Castleford lads who were despairing at some loud mouthed Hull fans making an exhibition of themselves in the Co Durham Upper saying they were RL's answer to Leeds Utd.
Can't stand Hull f***ing ***** either. It's a thing in Hull you're either a City fan or a fan of one of the two rugby clubs, never both. A lot of the egg chasers follow the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Leeds and ridicule City. Always put it down to them seeing us as a threat to their shite M62 corridor-centric sport and its popularity in the city. As it is, it's nowhere near as popular as it once was. Lucky if they both average 15000 a season combined these days (although our crowds have dropped off a cliff too with the various rows with the owners)

f***ing weird the lot of them. Never been inclined myself to start supporting Leeds Rhinos or Wigan or St Helens but there you go

Last edited:

Where do you live mate?

International games are excellent.

Durham games lack big game atmosphere but are great on a sunny day.

Personally you can't beat a decent club game at a nice ground though. Has a charm that grass roots football doesn't (not that there's anything wrong with grass roots football).

I wouldn't gan and watch it if I didn't have a basic grasp of the rules like.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

I've moved along the progression stage and watch England abroad now. Great experiences. Cannit wait for Cape Town next January.

Where do you live mate?

International games are excellent.

Durham games lack big game atmosphere but are great on a sunny day.

Personally you can't beat a decent club game at a nice ground though. Has a charm that grass roots football doesn't (not that there's anything wrong with grass roots football).
Ryhope, Sunderland.

Back