taking in a game of cricket...

ighty seven

Striker
never been to the cricket before but sounds a canny day out talking to folk who are into it. I imagine Chester-le-street or Durham (is that the same thing?) is my best bet.
Just looking for some advice/guidance. I know fuck-all about cricket like, so you’re talking to a complete noob, bear in mind.
When does the cricket start getting going? What kind of game should I be looking at? How easy is it to get tickets? How much do tickets cost?
Ha’way, sell this cricket thing to me. I fancy giving it a whirl this year.

Time and again, I ask the Mods to create a CRICKET FORUM on here. Sometime in the year 2099 it may happen

never been to the cricket before but sounds a canny day out talking to folk who are into it. I imagine Chester-le-street or Durham (is that the same thing?) is my best bet.
Just looking for some advice/guidance. I know fuck-all about cricket like, so you’re talking to a complete noob, bear in mind.
When does the cricket start getting going? What kind of game should I be looking at? How easy is it to get tickets? How much do tickets cost?
Ha’way, sell this cricket thing to me. I fancy giving it a whirl this year.
Cricket

If you know nowt about cricket I probably wouldn't go to a live game initially. Watch it on TV first, it's a million times better anyway.

Time and again, I ask the Mods to create a CRICKET FORUM on here. Sometime in the year 2099 it may happen

Cricket
I know there’s a cricket forum. Just thought it’d get more exposure on the SMB. By all means, mods can move it if they want. But as with any thread/question posted on here I’ll just wait and sort through the clever-c***, sarcy replies for the few helpful ones.

Chester le Street is not the same thing as Durham, but Durham play at CLS aye.
thanks.
How much is it to watch Durham play there mate, d’ya know? What’s the attendances like?

Last edited:
I know there’s a cricket forum. Just thought it’d get more exposure on the SMB. By all means, mods can move it if they want. But as with any thread/question posted on here I’ll just wait and sort through the clever-c***, sarcy replies for the few helpful ones.
It will get abuse, it has already.

You want a sensible view on why you should attend. Why not post it on the cricket forum, whilst there is an England match (now) and you will get answers and responses from people who like and attend cricket, following Durham, England, home and away

You never know, I might share a discount deal for three of Durham’s biggest T20 games this coming season

It will get abuse, it has already.

You want a sensible view on why you should attend. Why not post it on the cricket forum, whilst there is an England match (now) and you will get answers and responses from people who like and attend cricket, following Durham, England, home and away

You never know, I might share a discount deal for three of Durham’s biggest T20 games this coming season
So sounds like you do know a bit about cricket, could help me, but choose to ‘abuse’ me or waste my time because I posted it on SMB. Cheers :lol:

thanks.
How much is it to watch Durham play there mate, d’ya know? What’s the attendances like?
T20s about 4000

Championship games, a couple of 1000

If you want a season ticket for the T20 games, it’s £70 for an adult ticket for seven games

Championship it’s about £160 per season

As a newbie, I feel a T20 game should be your first port of call. About £15 on a night to get in

Had some great days down at the Emirates last season. Sitting in shorts drinking Moretti while actually watching the game and able to take a rucksack in with you full of grub for the day. Saw Durham come back from following on to win for the first time in their history and the T20 competition was fantastic. Really looking forward to this season too....and so cheap for a season ticket.

So sounds like you do know a bit about cricket, could help me, but choose to ‘abuse’ me or waste my time because I posted it on SMB. Cheers :lol:
Honestly, join in on the cricket forum. I’ve answered your basic requirements but it’s really easy going in there, usually

Had some great days down at the Emirates last season. Sitting in shorts drinking Moretti while actually watching the game and able to take a rucksack in with you full of grub for the day. Saw Durham come back from following on to win for the first time in their history and the T20 competition was fantastic. Really looking forward to this season too....and so cheap for a season ticket.
Here’s a cricket forum regular. I’m going to Chinese burn him though due to other things we disagree with

Forgot to add, that the Yorkshire T20 home game can get around 8000 and can be a bit spicy with the yorkie fans who come up

T20s about 4000

Championship games, a couple of 1000

If you want a season ticket for the T20 games, it’s £70 for an adult ticket for seven games

Championship it’s about £160 per season

As a newbie, I feel a T20 game should be your first port of call. About £15 on a night to get in
I fancy the T20 route but are they only played on a night time like? I was after a day in the sun, beers n that.

Back