Takeover Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you report posts on here you should log off and avoid it for a few weeks as you are taking it way too seriously.

Unless there's a massive safeguarding issue people who report each others posts need to get a grip like
DOnt normally agree with you but spot on on this occasion.

If you're reading this and expecting to find an update on the takeover, read post 1 and be patient. Little has changed since then.

To summarize: a group of American tourists turned up in Newcastle to watch a 'soccer' game. They turned up on the wrong weekend as Newcastle were playing away, so they caught the Metro down to Sunderland and went to take in a match between Sunderland and Wimbledon. They were dressed real nice, so someone outside the stadium mistook them for potential investors, introduced them to a very happy Charlie Methven at the bar, and he invited them into the VIP section where they wined, dined and waved to the crowd. They had a great day out, saw a great game of 'soccer', and flew home the next day.

Since then rumours of a takeover by businessman, investor, philanthropist, author and die-hard Sunderland fan Michael Dell and the three wise men have emerged linking Mr. Dell and his business friends to a 50 billion dollar takeover of Sunderland AFC.

It has been alleged that Dell and friends turned down the chance to buy Newcastle, but Sunderland literally got under their skin after binge watching series 1 of Netflix's Sunderland Til I Die.

A source connected to the art dealing friends of one of the three wise men confirmed that Dell and friends are determined to bring Premier League and Champions League glory to Sunderland within 5 years.

Jack Ross is almost certain to be sacked after next weekend's expected 5-2 defeat at Bolton allowing Dell and the three wise men to bring in their preferred coaching staff headed by Arsene Wenger backed up by Thierry Henry and Sam Allardyce.

Meanwhile the C.I.A. are investigating suspicious tracking of aircraft between the north-eastern states of the U.S. and Greenland. Flight LF989 was due to fly from White Plains airport to Newcastle airport on Wednesday 11 September, but mysteriously disappeared off radar near Newfoundland, Canada after failing to take off from White Plains.

In recent takeover news a source close to those involved in the takeover was bundled into the back of a car late last night and had his identity stolen. Hackers quickly moved in and created unfounded gossip to bring his name into disrepute. After being referred to V.A.R. the said source received a 9-match ban.

Further developments on this story are pending.

* Bollocks! I forgot about the monorail!!

If you're reading this and expecting to find an update on the takeover, read post 1 and be patient. Little has changed since then.

To summarize: a group of American tourists turned up in Newcastle to watch a 'soccer' game. They turned up on the wrong weekend as Newcastle were playing away, so they caught the Metro down to Sunderland and went to take in a match between Sunderland and Wimbledon. They were dressed real nice, so someone outside the stadium mistook them for potential investors, introduced them to a very happy Charlie Methven at the bar, and he invited them into the VIP section where they wined, dined and waved to the crowd. They had a great day out, saw a great game of 'soccer', and flew home the next day.

Since then rumours of a takeover by businessman, investor, philanthropist, author and die-hard Sunderland fan Michael Dell and the three wise men have emerged linking Mr. Dell and his business friends to a 50 billion dollar takeover of Sunderland AFC.

It has been alleged that Dell and friends turned down the chance to buy Newcastle, but Sunderland literally got under their skin after binge watching series 1 of Netflix's Sunderland Til I Die.

A source connected to the art dealing friends of one of the three wise men confirmed that Dell and friends are determined to bring Premier League and Champions League glory to Sunderland within 5 years.

Jack Ross is almost certain to be sacked after next weekend's expected 5-2 defeat at Bolton allowing Dell and the three wise men to bring in their preferred coaching staff headed by Arsene Wenger backed up by Thierry Henry and Sam Allardyce.

Meanwhile the C.I.A. are investigating suspicious tracking of aircraft between the north-eastern states of the U.S. and Greenland. Flight LF989 was due to fly from White Plains airport to Newcastle airport on Wednesday 11 September, but mysteriously disappeared off radar near Newfoundland, Canada after failing to take off from White Plains.

In recent takeover news a source close to those involved in the takeover was bundled into the back of a car late last night and had his identity stolen. Hackers quickly moved in and created unfounded gossip to bring his name into disrepute. After being referred to V.A.R. the said source received a 9-match ban.

Monorail? saw your edit ;)

the longer this all goes on the less likely this take over will happen

much ado about nothing

canny win at accrington
I'd say the opposite really, if it was going to fall through I reckon it would have, obviously lots of work going on behind the scenes to complete the deal. Not a whisper from anyone close to the deal , which I think means its almost done. Hopefully this week, but if it takes longer, so be it. Agree with you about Accrington result, ugly wins are still worth 3 pts. We need another 3 tomorrow to kick on.

Believed every word until you mentioned the monorail

Then as I said Bury isn't the barometer of whether a football team is doing well or not.
Bury is an extreme example of what could happen to any team that is not financially viable. We were well down the track of incurring sanctions for not meeting SCMP, however you dress it up, the current owners have avoided that by sound financial planning

I watched some shoite on the History channel last neet.....during most of 9/11 the CIA had bo Fookin clue where Air Force 1 was so I wouldn't be worried aboot wa little Toy planes....

Last edited:
Bury is an extreme example of what could happen to any team that is not financially viable. We were well down the track of incurring sanctions for not meeting SCMP, however you dress it up, the current owners have avoided that by sound financial planning

I'm not certain you've read what I said.

Riever is like any excited Sunderland fan, desperate for good news to be confirmed. He has done nothing more than try to keep us informed and please. You are allowed to be excited and proud about your football team. Putting someone down is often a reflection of ourselves.

Meanwhile....

I would of said the exact opposite.

If both parties couldn't agree, surely there's have a been a press release by now.

At the very least, the club would be getting something out to calm things down a bit. The total radio silence for over a week suggests to me that one side or both felt that a bit too much was getting into the public domain too early - some of the guesses about reasons for a delay may have been a bit close to the mark (although it wouldn't be helpful to open all that up again now), and that heavy duty NDAs have been slapped on all concerned. When this is announced, they'll want all the immediate post-acquisition building blocks in place for maximum impact. In situations like this, silence is golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back