'Take a view' HDR fest

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think HDR when done right can sometimes look quite good. It's just that mostly people do it wrong.

I want to take some of those 'white forest' looking images that I see a lot of. Not always HDR, I think it's just a colour balance change. Possibly removing the saturation and increasing the luminance of the blue's.

First one is utterly class :eek: it's not HDR looking at it, it's WDR. HDR's little cousin.

looks like it inspired your landscape competition entry.

To be fair, yes far from certain that is HDR... Only just seen it btw

But there are other examples ;)

Quite a few very bland shots too

Like the Sunday Times choice, very good

Like this one;

This is alright for HDR anarl.
Logon or register to see this image

Ring flash :p

Long before hdr

I'd flash my ring at Celia Imrie for choosing that like

I don't class that as illegal ;)

I do, it's giving the view the impression it isn't posed, when infact a lighting rig, models and stunt driver were used. Might aswell be an over sharpened duck. arnly kidding

aye, aswell.. it's been shopped to fuck :confused: why do it?

I do, it's giving the view the impression it isn't posed, when infact a lighting rig, models and stunt driver were used. Might aswell be an over sharpened duck. arnly kidding

aye, aswell.. it's been shopped to fuck :confused: why do it?

Why would you say that?

If the figure stays still for a second or so you can comfortably get that image in camera

No complicated set up surely

Why would you say that?

If the figure stays still for a second or so you can comfortably get that image in camera

No complicated set up surely

I was being dickish. However, having closely inspected the image, and having seen a few shops in my time, I can confirm the ghost-like tree line is shopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was being dickish. However, having closely inspecting the image, and having seen a few shops in my time, I can confirm the ghost-like tree line is shopped.

You're right like. You can see the source of the clone ffs :lol:

At least take another shot to clone from :neutral:

I was being dickish. However, having closely inspected the image, and having seen a few shops in my time, I can confirm the ghost-like tree line is shopped.

Doesn't need it either. Draws the eye unnecessarily.

You're right like. You can see the source of the clone ffs :lol:

At least take another shot to clone from :neutral:

or not... sure I read the other day that someone added some clouds because the sky was boring.. surly that defeats the whole point. :neutral:

do I sound like PB? I really don't want to..

that said, I'm being a hypocrite.. I shop the fuck out of portraits, especially the ones of our lass.. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
or not... sure I read the other day that someone added some clouds because the sky was boring.. surly that defeats the whole point. :neutral:

that said, I'm being a hypocrite.. I shop the fuck out of portraits, especially the ones of our lass.. :lol:

Do you draw massive wabs on them? :lol:

The tree line would be very harsh without it. Kinda makes the shot at first glance, prolly spoil it at decent res

Yep it's cheating

I dinnah, I'd quite like that harsh divide I reckon. Summat quite interesting between the slight grittiness of the bottom 2/3 and the stark contrast with the cleanness of the top 1/3rd.

The multiple layers seem like needless ornamentation - perhaps if you just had a hint of layers peeking out the top it'd be less distracting.

And at this point, I remember the standard of photos I'm capable of taking and tell myself to shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back