T20: Durham v Yorkshire

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Yorkshire’s total of 157 was below par but they shouldn’t have even made that. Weighells mad over including an above waist high full toss that Bresnan smacked for 6 followed up by the free hit that went for 4 was a major contributory factor in the defeat. However I won’t hold that against him as prior to injury he was shaping up nicely into maybe being a half decent all rounder. I’m willing to put it down to a poor performance from him, on this occasion, and move on.

On the plus side there was a good crowd in, so hopefully an upward trend can continue. Tahir, unsurprisingly, looked a right handful and should be a really good signing.

Our lack of desire to push for twos last night is probably what cost us. Very frustrating to watch

It was. The game was winnable. Restricted Yorkshire very well for most of the 20 overs then let them get away at the end to post a below par score. Off to a great start batting then for some reason struggled to hit the ball off the square. When bowling I thought we could restrict Yorkshire to around 130 runs. Batting, Latham got off to a flyer at one point could see us winning by 10 wickets then maybe 9. Difficult to comprehend how we managed cock things up to lose by 10 runs.

Back