T20 :: Durham v Northamptonshire

We may win but I’m not convinced we are gonna go far in this tbh, been very unconvincing chase this. No composure or class

It’s an odd one, because I felt like we played better against Notts in a defeat than we have tonight but all that mattered really was a win after the Leicestershire debacle.

We’ve got two games left before the break and I’d settle for one win (and one washout ;)). I think we’ll be in a great spot with 10 points from 8 games from a qualification standpoint.

As a long range forecast, in response to your prediction about us not going far - I think it’s worth remembering we’re missing our best 4 new ball bowlers (Wood, Potts, Carse & Coughlin). All of whom I think would be in the side ahead of Glover & De Leede if they were fit/available. If we can get to the knockout round, we could have a very very strong side if we’re able to pick our international players.

Overall, I think we’re only a strike bowler and a big hitting middle order batsman away from being a pretty formidable side.
If Willey hadn't of overstepped this would be on the edge.

The no ball was called on height wasn’t it?

Last edited:

It’s an odd one, because I felt like we played better against Notts in a defeat than we have tonight but all that mattered really was a win after the Leicestershire debacle.

We’ve got two games left before the break and I’d settle for one win (and one washout ;)). I think we’ll be in a great spot with 10 points from 8 games from a qualification standpoint.

As a long range forecast, in response to your prediction about us not going far - I think it’s worth remembering we’re missing our best 4 new ball bowlers (Wood, Potts, Carse & Coughlin). All of whom I think would be in the side ahead of Glover & De Leede if they were fit/available. If we can get to the knockout round, we could have a very very strong side if we’re able to pick our international players.

Overall, I think we’re only a strike bowler and a big hitting middle order batsman away from being a pretty formidable side.

The no ball was called on height wasn’t it?

Aye I must admit I hadnt really realised the table when I said that, has to be said we have a good chance at quarters at this stage.

Was maybe a bit reactive to our struggling chase at stages, just feels like we are one batsman short and I cant see much runs in our lower middle order.

Do we know when Beds is back? If he as fit my view would be completely different.

But tbf we bowled 2 horror balls which cost us 10 in wides, take them aside and we beat them by a fair bit

George Sharp

I remember in the early years at Riverside there was some old gadgey with a Durham one day top with Sharp 4 on the back. In the days before numbered shirts at cricket. It was very odd.
Darn.... I was hoping somebody here would explain to me why our RR went down after scoring more runs than Northants, in less balls for the loss of fewer wickets. I expected us to go second, but maybe this a new Durham specific ECB rule

I think it takes into account the entire tournament’s NRR. I remember thinking after the Yorkshire win, that it should’ve improved because that was two big wins in a row, but it went down and my logic was that must’ve been because the Yorkshire win wasn’t as big as the Northants win which preceded it.

Truth be told, I haven’t got a f***ing clue how it works :lol:
he did bowl OK aye but just remember he will be getting paid more than the others

Will he though?

He’s a 23 year old who’s only previous gig in England was with MCC Young Cricketers - I was of the impression he’s probably on a very ‘team friendly’ deal.

Last edited:
I remember in the early years at Riverside there was some old gadgey with a Durham one day top with Sharp 4 on the back. In the days before numbered shirts at cricket. It was very odd.

I think it takes into account the entire tournament’s NRR. I remember thinking after the Yorkshire win, that it should’ve improved because that was two big wins in a row, but it went down and my logic was that must’ve been because the Yorkshire win wasn’t as big as the Northants win which preceded it.

Truth be told, I haven’t got a f***ing clue how it works :lol:

Will he though?

He’s a 23 year old who’s only previous gig in England was with MCC Young Cricketers - I was of the impression he’s probably on a very ‘team friendly’ deal.

that was about Parnell mate

Home and thawed out. Students behaved quite well and the game was quite good. Shame we drew it out but we’re doing well considering our core players are all away. We need a good middle order batsmen to carve a road in the middle of the innings as well as a spinner or another fast bowler.

Colly out on the golf course:

Do we know when Beds is back? If he as fit my view would be completely different.
No, but I got the impression that he wasn’t too badly injured anyway, I think the coaching staff have made their decision regarding Turner & Parnell being the T20 overseas men and so Bedingham has been allowed to rest up to keep him fresh for the red ball stuff. That’s my hope atleast.

On that note, @The Red Telephone get the Glamorgan thread started, we’ve got much to discuss!

Last edited:
No, but I got the impression that he wasn’t too badly injured anyway, I think the coaching staff have made their decision regarding Turner & Parnell being the T20 overseas men and so Bedingham has been allowed to rest up to keep him fresh for the red ball stuff. That’s my hope atleast.

On that note, @The Red Telephone get the Glamorgan thread started, we’ve got much to discuss!
Aye might be right there, I had no idea he was even injured, only read it on here

who i overheard on sunday could have been talking bollocks, but they said Beddingham really wasnt happy with being left out, i know they didnt expect to be replacing Carse and needed a bowler, but said he'd he was looking to go out on loan as wanted to play T20,

was it last season Birmingham picked him up in 16.4, must want the payday

i overheard on sunday could have been talking bollocks, but they said Beddingham really wasnt happy with being left out, i know they didnt expect to be replacing Carse and needed a bowler, but said he'd he was looking to go out on loan as wanted to play T20,

was it last season Birmingham picked him up in 16.4, must want the payday

Yeah, the Parnell signing was a surprise but I do think it was a case of needs must - we’re still in need of a T20 strike bowler in my opinion - if Carse hadn’t picked up an injury he’d have opened the bowling and Bedders could’ve occupied the overseas slot in the middle order and I suspect would’ve done a very good job.

Last edited:

Back