T20 :: Durham v Northamptonshire

2 of our 3 giving it a miss as it's student night, spoke to a few regulars today who weren't aware and said they'll now be giving it a miss. I'll see what mood I'm in but as it stands I'm not attending plus likely not finish work until 5pm. Good opportunity for the team to bounce back quickly though.

2 of our 3 giving it a miss as it's student night, spoke to a few regulars today who weren't aware and said they'll now be giving it a miss. I'll see what mood I'm in but as it stands I'm not attending plus likely not finish work until 5pm. Good opportunity for the team to bounce back quickly though.
Yeah and beefy can line his pockets with the bar takings too 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰🤑

I’m in two minds as well because the earliest I can finish work is likely 5pm and I want some food beforehand because me dinner break is early
After a biblical inaugural event in 2022, we thought it would be rude not to return to the Riverside for some more monstrous sixes at the T20 Vitality Blast.
Funny. I’m sure their biblical inauguration was actually the 2021 season during Covid

Last edited:
As the students are using the whole area behind the DAFABET stand, disabled members parking will be outside the ground for this game. The disabled members holding parking passes will be given priority at the front of car park 2 (opposite Gate 4). - talk about pissing members off. Give them the whole stand and move the disabled people car parking. Poor this

What the fuck happened last year like? :lol:

2021 it was still during covid restrictions, the club hosted them in the county durham lower and part of the trapdoor stand and basically they took the piss. around 2000 of them. now bearing in mind the general public for this game and earlier games we were having to adhere to strict rules with masks/not sitting on end seats, the stewards were shit hot with it, one even running after my wife struggling on her crutches because she wasn't wearing a mask.

anyway as you can imagine no social distancing, hugging, pissed, screaming all kinds at the players (stokes especially must have had a headache), and generally left the place an absolute mess. all shipped in on buses crammed as well. meanwhile plebs like myself crammed in because the club allocated 2 stands for them, were kept being told over the tannoy by the club to spread out, yet when we asked if we could go upstairs to the county durham upper which was empty, we were told "no it's for the students". in other words we couldn't spread out. many left early. stewards couldn't handle it and were put at covid risk because of this. club recieved a lot of complaints and vowed not to repeat it again............ fast forward 2022 and the club put on the same event and do so again for tomorrow. same event invaded the pitch down at Edgbaston last year. I am reliably told one year they caused damage to the away team coach and were urinating all over the stand. the issue in 2021 many were just out the back most of the game, we couldn't use the toilets in the county durham stand so had to walk a fair distance, it was a total shambles.

all about £££ i guess but the club were very apologetic in 2021 and have clearly lied to members when the club said it wouldn't be doing this again.

it'll put many off attending tomorrow
Whed will be a happy bunny-he loves students😀

They pay my wages, but this lot were a disgrace but Durham Uni have a big issue with bullying, racism, and general bad student behaviour. so it was no big shock in all honesty. The club were ultimately to blame but it's a piss take how they bend over backwards for this lot and just disregard the members and general paying public. 2021 was an absolute disgrace and a major health risk, which after that event the club couldn't really enforce any restrictions
Hopefully a few 6s bounce off them

Last edited:
2021 it was still during covid restrictions, the club hosted them in the county durham lower and part of the trapdoor stand and basically they took the piss. around 2000 of them. now bearing in mind the general public for this game and earlier games we were having to adhere to strict rules with masks/not sitting on end seats, the stewards were shit hot with it, one even running after my wife struggling on her crutches because she wasn't wearing a mask.

anyway as you can imagine no social distancing, hugging, pissed, screaming all kinds at the players (stokes especially must have had a headache), and generally left the place an absolute mess. all shipped in on buses crammed as well. meanwhile plebs like myself crammed in because the club allocated 2 stands for them, were kept being told over the tannoy by the club to spread out, yet when we asked if we could go upstairs to the county durham upper which was empty, we were told "no it's for the students". in other words we couldn't spread out. many left early. stewards couldn't handle it and were put at covid risk because of this. club recieved a lot of complaints and vowed not to repeat it again............ fast forward 2022 and the club put on the same event and do so again for tomorrow. same event invaded the pitch down at Edgbaston last year. I am reliably told one year they caused damage to the away team coach and were urinating all over the stand. the issue in 2021 many were just out the back most of the game, we couldn't use the toilets in the county durham stand so had to walk a fair distance, it was a total shambles.

all about £££ i guess but the club were very apologetic in 2021 and have clearly lied to members when the club said it wouldn't be doing this again.

it'll put many off attending tomorrow

They pay my wages, but this lot were a disgrace but Durham Uni have a big issue with bullying, racism, and general bad student behaviour. so it was no big shock in all honesty. The club were ultimately to blame but it's a piss take how they bend over backwards for this lot and just disregard the members and general paying public. 2021 was an absolute disgrace and a major health risk, which after that event the club couldn't really enforce any restrictions
Hopefully a few 6s bounce off them
Plus they blasted their own music for most of the game and actively tried to piss off stokes by telling stuff at him. Bunch of arses

As the students are using the whole area behind the DAFABET stand, disabled members parking will be outside the ground for this game. The disabled members holding parking passes will be given priority at the front of car park 2 (opposite Gate 4). - talk about pissing members off. Give them the whole stand and move the disabled people car parking. Poor this
which one is that? the blue seats? didnt think last year was as bad as the one before, thought they'd given them all that stand and their own bar, is that not the case this time

Just got the e mail and it and it states

Tomorrow evening we will host students from universities across the North East for a special student event. The students will be based in the DAFABET stand, with this stand strictly out of use for members of the public. Due to this gate 5 will be out of use for this game only.

As the students are using the whole area behind the DAFABET stand, disabled members parking will be outside the ground for this game. The disabled members holding parking passes will be given priority at the front of car park 2 (opposite Gate 4).

I assume the DAFABET stand is the Trapdoor. Sounds like complete segregation, pity they can't enclose the stand in a soundproof bubble ;)

It would help if the club put out official statements but they don’t
just checked my emails and ive got spectator information, im asuming the dafabet stand is the blue seats, wasnt aware it had changed its name from Vertu Motors either, hope they fence it off from the score board as the Family zone is right next to it now

How much further away is it from the members area?

This isn’t me defending the decision, just trying to get my head around what it means in terms of extra travel.
This game is crucial if they are serious about making finals day

It’s another trap game and with the week we’ve got coming up this becomes a MUST win.

Last edited:

Back