Sven Goran Eriksson

His interview reported in that article gives a good look at someone who everyone should strive to be.

Despite the diagnosis, he still looks at life positively and makes sure he doesn't waste what time has left with feeling unlucky and depressed.

It's an amazing outlook to have and one that puts a life's daily struggles into perspective.

Sad news. Puts football into perspective even though that's a cliche.
It is indeed a cliche, and one I just don't get. He made a life from football, he leaves a footballing legacy, and football will continue while we all pass away.

Poor bloke must have something like pancreatic cancer, or perhaps oesophageal, as they seem to be the ones that are often terminal by the time they're discovered.
The latter killed my birth father, it's deeply unpleasant, to say the least! I hope he can make the most of his remaining time, and that the end stage is as short as possible for him.

That's very sad news - he certainly brightened up English football when he was at the helm. You certainly got the impression that Sven had interests other than football that he spent time on.

My thoughts are with all those who have a similar battle on their hands who face it with just as much dignity.

Back