Surely the club will learn for next season?

If we count last season as a massive over-achievement (rather than the missed opportunity it was in reality), then mid-table this season isn't that bad as part of a consolidation aim. No getting away from fact the model hasn't delivered the quality of talent this season to see continued development next season so they need a hell of a summer transfer window.
You say a hell of a Summer window, but i think almost everyone agrees if we had someone playing centre forward who could lead the line effectively and rattle the goals in it would have made all of the difference this season. Just one player !

Having said that however, things have changed now, there are going to be a couple or three of our best players leaving. How the incoming money is invested is crucial for next season.

You are expecting KLD to sack Speakman, Dodds and Proctor from the club? And if he doesn’t it shows he has poor intentions?
Any potential new manager/head coach that has anything about them will want to bring in their own staff, and as for Speakman he's overseen far too many fuck-ups on the footballing side over the last 12/18 months to be entrusted with another transfer window IMO. So if they're still here it either suggests that Dreyfus is happy with how things are going despite all evidence suggesting that we've gone backwards at a rapid rate of knots, or more than likely that he's completely lost interest in the club.

As for what I expect: Proctor might be away but unless there's a change of ownership altogether I'd be very surprised if Speakman and Dodds are going anywhere in the immediate future.

You say a hell of a Summer window, but i think almost everyone agrees if we had someone playing centre forward who could lead the line effectively and rattle the goals in it would have made all of the difference this season. Just one player !

Having said that however, things have changed now, there are going to be a couple or three of our best players leaving. How the incoming money is invested is crucial for next season.
It cannot be invested,the idea was to sell to step up,so who at this level is better than Clarke.Remember the club wont break the wage structure.They can stockpile cash from sales but class players want big wages.

It cannot be invested,the idea was to sell to step up,so who at this level is better than Clarke.Remember the club wont break the wage structure.They can stockpile cash from sales but class players want big wages.
What i mean is the club will have to find more Clarke's or Ballard's, so yes a continuation of the Model if that's the way they are still wanting to go.

My big gripe with the Model is that when Clarke and Ballard were brought in, they were bringing all their young players in from British clubs, and that worked to a large extent.

The last three windows they have went foreign which (although there is still time for some to improve to the required standard) looks disastrous at the moment.

The reason for going foreign has been explained by some as it being the cheapest option. But if the coffers are boosted by maybe a couple of tens of millions by the sales of Clarke and one or two others, then there is no excuse for the club not to buy a higher calibre of young player. If they don't do so then it would definitely turn me against them totally. But i'm prepared to give them one last chance this Summer.

Any potential new manager/head coach that has anything about them will want to bring in their own staff, and as for Speakman he's overseen far too many fuck-ups on the footballing side over the last 12/18 months to be entrusted with another transfer window IMO. So if they're still here it either suggests that Dreyfus is happy with how things are going despite all evidence suggesting that we've gone backwards at a rapid rate of knots, or more than likely that he's completely lost interest in the club.

As for what I expect: Proctor might be away but unless there's a change of ownership altogether I'd be very surprised if Speakman and Dodds are going anywhere in the immediate future.
Mowbray & Neil both had Dodds in their team. I’d say they both had something about them

We had cash from players last summer. Some will always find excuses for the ownership but it's clear what's going on. Unless there a full u turn we're on a downward spiral.
Oh no I’m certainly not making excuses for the ownership, we’ve been abysmal this season. What I’m saying is they’ll probably have an amount of cash from player sales they’ve never had before - let’s see how much ambition they have really got.

KLD's quote in the FT makes me think they probably won't learn from this season:

"“It can shift very quickly, both ways. You can be bottom of the table and get promoted, and you can be top of the table and get relegated." (!)

On that basis they probably think they are on the verge of success! Being on the SAFC board is basically like being a member of a cult.

And recruit experienced players.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: as the great albert Tatlock said "past is prologue" mate.....the team will be relegation fodder next season unless we change the model ..we wont be changing the model so i guess KLD will be looking to sell our better players and the club itself sometime next year!The catalyist will be santi buggering off!

Oh no I’m certainly not making excuses for the ownership, we’ve been abysmal this season. What I’m saying is they’ll probably have an amount of cash from player sales they’ve never had before - let’s see how much ambition they have really got.
They've got more than the Clarke cash in their back pockets. There's no indication it'll be spent or spent wisely. Not only I'm fees but in wages. Once Clarke and dack go ballard will be highest earner with others miles behind. Until we play the going rate we'll be left behind.

They didn't learn last summer, they didn't learn the previous January so I see no reason why they'd have learned anything from this January.

They didn't learn last summer, they didn't learn the previous January so I see no reason why they'd have learned anything from this January.
This. We've not signed a striker fit for purpose since Stewart. Who was rumored to be a lj signing. We won't pay wages, which is biting us in the arse every game we play.

Back