Surely the club will learn for next season?

Not sure what the club will learn for next season personnel wise, looks like Clarke will be leaving but that fee is going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting bringing players in, not forgetting paying spurs off reportedly.

We are short at least 1 maybe two decent strikers, a dcm, a centre half and I suspect Clarke himself won’t be replaced and that spot will go to one of the kids here already.
So any fee will have to cover incoming transfer fees and the increase in wages for those players. And that fee may well be spread over the contract length at clarkes new club so won’t come as a lumper.
With kld and js apparently not willing to pump money in themselves I’ve doubts over whether the team will improve significantly if at all once we lose the one standout player we have

And recruit experienced players.

You would hope so. I mean if KLD is serious about getting us back to winning ways and beyond and it’s just a business toy for him to use to use to practice his entrepreneurial skills on then in the summer he will have to be a little more aggressive in his ambition and get someone in who can win us games and pick up points.

We could do with signings who come in and improve the team on the pitch.

And put us at risk of breaking FFP rules? Bigger clubs than us are facing investigation. If it means us languishing at the bottom of the league and hoping for a mid table finish at best for us to show our hands and conscience is clear about spending money then so be it.

I think KLD has set a budget and Speakman has been tasked to do what he can without busting it.
That budget is so tight we couldn't afford Stewart on new terms or Simms & Broadhead coming off Everton junior terms.
The point of this model is financial stability not sporting success. The model only works if our bargain bucket players are seen to be performing at a higher level than the football world previously rated them and therefore become saleable.
The backdrop to this is how long can KLD keep the supporters onside once they realise they're not paying to see a club busting a gut to win the league , they are paying to see a spreadsheet get balanced.

I think KLD has set a budget and Speakman has been tasked to do what he can without busting it.
That budget is so tight we couldn't afford Stewart on new terms or Simms & Broadhead coming off Everton junior terms.
The point of this model is financial stability not sporting success. The model only works if our bargain bucket players are seen to be performing at a higher level than the football world previously rated them and therefore become saleable.
The backdrop to this is how long can KLD keep the supporters onside once they realise they're not paying to see a club busting a gut to win the league , they are paying to see a spreadsheet get balanced.
Its already dawning on even the apologists on here.we are in a right state.

Its already dawning on even the apologists on here.we are in a right state.
I'm sure they want to plough on and at least complete one player sales cycle. Say they get 20m for Clarke and another 20m for Ballard & Neil , that gives them a bit more leeway in the transfer market but they're burning through the fans' patience and goodwill.

I'm sure they want to plough on and at least complete one player sales cycle. Say they get 20m for Clarke and another 20m for Ballard & Neil , that gives them a bit more leeway in the transfer market but they're burning through the fans' patience and goodwill.
Yes get that mate but our wage structure will prevent really good players coming here.They will con the fans with bids for good players who will come up for talks and return home without signing.

There needs to be a massive rethink on club policy on and off the pitch as currently the vibes/atmosphere around the club are extremely negative due to the way this season has imploded dramatically.

It is currently not attractive to our better players to want to stay or to prospective managerial and playing targets.

There is currently a wall of silence at SAFC and the whole scenario is very unhealthy right now…and it’s all self inflicted due to appalling decision making.

Back