Sunglasses

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Mackem00, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Always just buy cheapey ones as I'm fairly careless and clumsy but now I'm a big boy I fancy treating myself to some proper fancy ones. Been looking at Oakleys (cue lols at saying they are fancy) but can anyone recommend some better makes/models? Be looking to spend 100-150 smackerooneys.
    Cheers.

Howard the Duck and Jasper like this.
  2. Rayban :cool:

oyoysaveloy likes this.
  3. niknak_123

niknak_123 Striker

10 pair of ray ban from China for £10 does me.

I’m not allowed out when it’s sunny mind, but they’re champion when it’s a bit overcast

FishburnMackem likes this.
  4. Gala

Gala Midfield

Prescription Armani for me.

5. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

I just get a cheap pair of large wayfarers from the online opticians. I need prescription to see properly though.

6. Tadger

Tadger Striker

Black RayBan folding Wayfarers.

No better sunglasses on this Earth.

7. Vagrant

Vagrant Midfield

Persol.

Cheap option American Optics (NASA)

Oakleys are great for sports and nocking around in.

raindog likes this.
  8. The Raven

The Raven Winger

Another shout for Ray Bans.

Loads of different styles to choose from.

Oh and make sure you get polarized lenses.

The Rat likes this.
  9. Tex

Tex Striker

Have a look at Roka.
    I’m a sunglasses nut - over 30 pairs and never leave home without them but I got l a couple from Roka recently which I really like. There’s a standard aviator style but I got the RioTi which is a bit smaller. Several colour frames and lenses to choose. They seem like ordinary aviators but are designed with triathletes in mind so they’re made of titanium, very light with super grippy silicon nose pieces and ear pieces and sweat and fog proof lenses. Great for a beach holiday.

RayBans aren’t as exclusive as they once were since they’re now just part of the wass luxxotica empire along with many other sunglasses but their standard wayfarers and aviators will always look good.

Also look at Maui Jim and Randolph Engineering. MJ has very good lenses. RE are well made and do the tear drop aviator (Concorde, crew chief) as well as the square US issue aviators (Don Draper) in several frame and lens combinations.

Fixed that for you!

I’m selling a brand new pair of RayBans. Unworn genuine in the box. Mirror lenses, aviator shape. From the carbon series so the arms are carbon fibre. Polarised lenses. They just didn’t suit me. PM if interested.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Chocolate Fireguard and Mackem00 like this.
  10. I had a pair of Vintage Olympian Ray Bans from the 80's, fuckers got damaged in transit from a company I sent them off to - luckily they paid me the going rate to replace - £140, which I didn't spend on replacements :neutral:.

11. So what is it with the Yanks who wear their shades on the back of their nappa's when indoors??
    Pricks.

12. Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear Winger

I have ruined countless £10 pairs over the years , I bought some Gucci’s on duty free a few years ago and they are immaculate

13. Tex

Tex Striker

Gucci make shoes

Wanna buy an Adidas car?
    A Ralph Lauren electric drill?
    A Rolex knitting machine?

14. Caer_Urfa

Caer_Urfa Striker

maui jim are best for quality.

SproutMackem likes this.
  15. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Wayfarers or aviators if you want to be the boy

16. lenshack

lenshack Winger

I have enough sunglasses to set up shop, incl Chinese raybans from the ten kroner shop in Sweden and a huge variety at a euro a time from the local Rastro here in Spain. Shades for all occasions from bright sunlight to cloudy days, for daytime driving and nightime driving.

17. Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear Winger

They make incredibly stylish sunglasses too

18. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

I hate aviators. They remind me of Top Gun.

Tadger likes this.
  19. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

Police. Stand out from the crowd.

Dubai Si and Fetch Fletch like this.