*~*~* Sunderland v Stoke match thread *~*~*

Biggest difference today was all the midfielders looking to make forward passes as a 1st option. Alot more misplaced passes because of it but ultimately meant we were better to watch and less pedestrian.

Praise to the coach for addressing it. Like chalk and cheese compared to hull city game.

Was extremely apprehensive about going today and with the pritch news before kick off i was expecting utter chaos if we lost.

Imo beale needs to apologise to fans for being a bit of a dick cos he needs them on side if he is to succeed.

We are a quality striker away from being top 6. Other additions welcome also!

Biggest difference today was all the midfielders looking to make forward passes as a 1st option. Alot more misplaced passes because of it but ultimately meant we were better to watch and less pedestrian.

Praise to the coach for addressing it. Like chalk and cheese compared to hull city game.

Was extremely apprehensive about going today and with the pritch news before kick off i was expecting utter chaos if we lost.

Imo beale needs to apologise to fans for being a bit of a dick cos he needs them on side if he is to succeed.

We are a quality striker away from being top 6. Other additions welcome also!
Shit he's had some of us should apologise aswell then ,

I'm still not entirely sure what I watched today! 35 minutes of the usual huff and puff without much of a direct effort on goal, then a timely goal followed by very good second half. Ekwah and Seelt adding some much needed height and finally felt like crosses into the box and longer balls were actually having an effect.

Have to say I thought the referee was very good and had two of theirs in the book reasonably early on. They tried diving for pens and fouls and he just wasn't interested. Only gripe would be the seven minutes at the end, not least because it's taken me an hour back to Whitley Bay due to those temp lights through Boldon.

Stoke had their chances and couldn't help but watch their #10 who was incredibly fast and think how different the season could be for SAFC, with an out and out striker.

Absolute comedy own goal, my lad was in the middle of saying 'I don't mind if they score because it's 3-0' literally 5 seconds before it ended up in the net. But didn't feel like Stoke would find anything else by that point.

Shit he's had some of us should apologise aswell then ,

He'll get the support if he delivers. But he could do with not creating a divide between him and us.

Imo the negativity is actually aimed at the club as much as him. Even that chant last week was sarcastic towards the club sacking TM for no good reason imo.

Plus beale's football was awful prior to today and fans could see us going backwards.

Today, hopefully is a turning point butnif i were him and wanted this to work id do a public apology and ask them for the backing he probably deserves

fcking bistrow..
Did alright
Did alright
Burstow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beale is begging for the sack at this point like. Zero doubt in my mind
Did alright
Yes, Burstow who’s done so well to deserve his place. Not Rusyn, who despite feeding on scraps finally got his first league goal and was dropped the following game. Class
Did alright
Burstow FFS
Did alright
Hope I’m proved wrong but today has toxic home defeat written all over it.
Thankfully you were wrong
WTF is he playing burstow 🤣

what a disaster Beale is turning out to be.
Did alright
Did alright
Burstow wouldn’t be anywhere near my team, he’s clearly not interested playing for us. Defeat written all ower this!
Did alright and we won.
Burstow supplied by Jobe.... fuck me.
Both did alright

Last edited:
Did alright

Did alright

Did alright

Did alright

Did alright

Thankfully you were wrong

Did alright

Did alright

Did alright and we won.

Both did alright
Mate you could do this every week. Will drive yourself mad if you want to go back picking up all the posts that turn out to be hysterical overreaction!

Biggest difference today was Stoke missed a bucket load of chances and we scored first.

Bit of confidence after that and players started looking a lot brighter. Clarke was back in form as well as others.

Over 41k there.
After the last few weeks, that's incredible
No way was there 41k in attendance today. That might be the gate but the stadium was less busy than recently.
Mate you could do this every week. Will drive yourself mad if you want to go back picking up all the posts that turn out to be hysterical overreaction!
Couldn’t be arsed after the first 3 pages. We are a negative bunch sometimes though. :)

Last edited:
Thought we were up for it from minute one today, credit to Beale and the team for that. Midfield were excellent today and the play and standard of football was back to what we expect. No negatives from me today, take this into the smoggies game next week and I will be more than happy.

Back