*~*~* Sunderland v Stoke match thread *~*~*

Credit where credit's due - better performance from the lads and they showed a bit of passion. Buzzing tbh, even thou I was thinking a loss might be a way of moving Beale out. Still on to the next now with a bit more belief.

I like Pritchard and am gutted to lose him but if he's had a bust up with the new manager it could have been unsettling the dressing room.
Why make up/infer he’s had a bust up with the manager ffs?

He wanted to stay, but we’ve only offered a 12 month extension whereas two other clubs have offered two and a half year ones.

Last edited:
Very average performance that first half. Half hour spell in the second where we looked confident and played some decent footy. That said, it was against a very, very poor Stoke team. But you can only beat what’s in front of you so I’ll take that win. Stoke take one or two of those chances they wasted, or press our back line better mind and it’s a different afternoon. We’ll need to step up again against the mutants. Won’t have it half as easy as that.
If we had taken our missed sitters, it would have been a different afternoon

They missed some great chances first half but it was pleasing for us to be able to punish them, we've been on the other end of that plenty of times this season.

Not as daft as some of the vitriol on here. It was aimed at the “Burstow and Ba what the fuck” “Burstow and Ba he doesn’t have a f***ing clue” posters.

Funny he’s got two of the non scoring strikers to have scored.
To be fair, it seemed an unlikely setup. It worked though, and Burstow got his goal. I'm over the moon for the lad.
Big test for Beale and the lads coming up. I'm hoping Beale can prove me (and his other sceptics) wrong about him.
I agree about the vitriol, it's not right, no matter what people might think about his abilities.
He doesn't help himself with some of his interviews, mind.

Back