*~*~* Sunderland v Southampton match thread *~*~*

I heard them loud and clear from my seat in the Premier Concourse near the North Stand. They did not sing throughout, but certainly tried their best even when thy were 3-0 down

Its always the way from my seat, barely heard the South Stand but Im not saying South Stand didnt make any noise

Just depends where you sit to how you perceive it

Mind I do have hearing aid in right ear which might add to confusion
Oh when the Saints get beat five nil,
oh when the Saints get beat five nil,
I want to be in that number, when the Saints get beat five nil

Morning all. This really happened yesterday. It wasn't just a dream 😁
Lovely to wake up and have that 5 seconds of forgetting what you did yesterday and then recalling it

Flying high and today and I usually feel fed up on Sundays
I was one 9f those people. I'm so glad they did what we didn't expect, and blew Southampton apart 🤣
Yeah when it went to 2-0 I thought “this reminds me of Burnley at home”

Thankfully I kept it in my head and didn’t say it out loud cos it was a jinxy waiting to happen

Last edited:
The bbc have us down for only 32% possession, does that sound right? Bit strange for a 5-0.
They spent ages just passing it between their CBs with no idea what to do. We are fantastic when allowed to counter attack like that - basically we played the away team role yesterday and we seen why our away form is so good compared to our home form

Even at 4-0 up, I was still worried we were going to throw it away 🤣
The first half was the longest I've watched in a while wondering when Soton would get their act together, breathed a huge sign of relief when the 3rd went in and was pretty certain we'd not mess it up. Just sorting tickets out for train for Cardiff game now 😊

Just had a look on the Southampton forum, first page of the match thread one poster is calling the game their easiest game of the season on paper.

And we think we have some mentalists on here!

Couple of their lads call him out on it at least

Last edited:
Never a pen for me. It was their player who dangled his leg out across Dack to initiate contact before going down like a fanny. Reminded me of the Steven Taylor one for the mags.
It would have been soft but still surprised he didn’t give it. Was watching in a pub so couldn’t really hear what was said on commentary or afterwards.

Back