*~*~* Sunderland v Millwall match thread *~*~*

Devastated I missed the game today as had to work until half 2.

Sounds like we were very good after the first 25 minutes with a few unpunished errors thrown in to keep us on our toes.

1 point of the playoffs now with Stewart and Ballard still to come back. You just never know I suppose 😁

Players looked like they were still on their hols first 20mins but once they knuckled down and got involved in the game we became more dominant and a good second half performance lead to a comfortable win. Good game management aswell towards the end, well done lads 🔴⚪🔴⚪🔴⚪🔴

Players looked like they were still on their hols first 20mins but once they knuckled down and got involved in the game we became more dominant and a good second half performance lead to a comfortable win. Good game management aswell towards the end, well done lads 🔴⚪🔴⚪🔴⚪🔴

This, that result is massive for our season imo too, chuffed to bits

Gooch's great start to the season was made up, it never really happened.

His last really good game was the 5-1 home win to Cambridge last season.

I would estimate that in Gooch's last 10 games he's been our worst player in at least 6 or 7 of them, people who defend his performances always will defend him for whatever reason they have.
Instrumental in winning today's game.

It’s just so painful to me thinking about losing Stewart. I don’t know what to say or think.

If selling Stewart *really* is a part of the same story as bringing Patterson through, getting Roberts on a free, Clarke for a fraction of his previous price, Amad on loan, Alese…Cirkin… etc etc then I guess I’ll have to accept it.

It’ll be the saddest loss of a player in years and years - trust the process?
It does look like the club knows what it's doing, for once. The acid test will be the quality of Stewart's replacement/s.

Back