*~*~* Sunderland v Millwall match thread *~*~*

If the rumors were true about RS and we got 12m, and spent half on Simms would we be happy?

If it meant we got another loan player and the RS situation is unresolvable I’d say that’s a reasonable enough outcome.
I can't see us getting anywhere near that figure. If it's on the table then he has to be sold IMO.
Buzzing with that, have really missed football. That little buzz you wake up with on matchday, the match itself and winning a game convincingly. Fuck England and international football, it’s not the same. Up those magical red and white bastards.
I don't get the negativity towards England, there's room aplenty in my world for both them and Sunderland. In fact I'm going to bed for four hours then getting up to cheer the Aussies on as well for that matter.

Last edited:
I can't see us getting anywhere near that figure. If it's on the table then he has to be sold IMO.

I don't get the negativity towards England, there's room aplenty in my world for both them and Sunderland. In fact I'm going to bed for four hours then getting up to cheer the Aussies on as well for that matter.

Great for you. I’ve no interest in the pint chucking, forced celebrating bellends that crawl out for tournaments or the dickheads who used to fight at major tournaments and I’m just not interested in international football. I have never and will never wake up giddy for an England game in the way I did today for our game and I am resigned to watching our games on TV living where I do. I don’t get nervous, excitable or emotionally drained for England games and never have, a league game against Millwall and I’m beaming after that.

Great result, terrible scrappy first half of football but to come away with a 3-0 win is fantastic. Was my son's 5th birthday and the big screen message just about saw him through to half time but even he was loving the second half.

Millwall were perhaps profligate at times but even with a few lucky escapes, thought Sunderland were good value in the second half.

First half they came at us first 20/25 mins giving everything to try and get the first goal. Lots of possession and press forcing us into errors and they had us pinned in a bit. They were unable to maintain that tempo and we grew into the game, we had the ball in some good areas but too often it was an extra touch or delaying the final ball and it meant the chances were at a premium. Big moment at the end of the half from the pass out error, Flemming had a lot more time than he realised and made a balls of it. Second half we came out looking to play earlier and faster and it made such a difference, resulting in the first goal. Good work from Pritchard, lovely flick (hes trying to score isn't he?!) from Simms and then Diallo is on hand to tap it in. Dan Neils header off the line two mins later was as good as a goal then we get the second, Gooch instrumental in the build up and Pritch picked his spot. They huffed as puffed without posing much threat - I thought we defended it brilliantly. Big error at the end and Simms gets his goal, much deserved - how good was he second half?!

Good result for us, they looked awful for starting the day in 6th mind.

Back