*~*~* Sunderland v Leicester meltdown thread ko 19.45 Sky red button *~*~*

I
Don’t remember that one from the match? When was it? Didn’t recall a particularly large appeal from the crowd
I think it came from a corner of maybe a free-kick near the byline he seemed to shield the ball away for another corner. Mid way through the second half..Matt Elliot was one of the pundits and he said if VAR had seen it would have been given

I

I think it came from a corner of maybe a free-kick near the byline he seemed to shield the ball away for another corner. Mid way through the second half..Matt Elliot was one of the pundits and he said if VAR had seen it would have been given
I would have let Vardy take it as more chance of him scoring it than anyone we'd have take it 😉

He’s not a wingback. How would Ballard or Seelt do out there? No better I’d imagine. Needs playing in his actual position for a change, or dropping.
There’s an opportunity this weekend with Luke out. Could switch Hume to LB and play Seelt right ?
I’ve seen it a million times it isn’t a penalty and VAR would’ve taken 10 seconds to confirm this

He threw himself to the ground great dive if he just goes over without the theatrical stuff maybe it’s given
I agree not even close.

Last edited:
Absolutely was a penalty. Sky also said it was a penalty just now. Awful decision.
Haha, well if Sky said it was a penalty then that’s discussion over :lol:

Like I said, debatable decision, as can be seen with the split opinion on here. But what we can say with certainty is that there’s no way it was the most blatant penalty anyone has ever seen. A huge exaggeration.

This video is timed to start at the Aouchiche freekick which sets up the chance

Another awful decision then. To compound it, immediately after he gives a freekick for handball from a ball kicked at a similar distance.
Haha, well if Sky said it was a penalty then that’s discussion over :lol:

Like I said, debatable decision, as can be seen with the split opinion on here. But what we can say with certainty is that there’s no way it was the most blatant penalty anyone has ever seen. A huge exaggeration.
Whatever you say kid - clearest decision I've seen in ages. Not sure how you can argue with a knee into the calf

He has been utterly lifting. I thought he was going to be a cracking signing as well. Early days.
Me dad reckons he will be cracking just needs a bit of experience etc. I thought he had been smoking dope ( My dad that is )
He has been utterly lifting. I thought he was going to be a cracking signing as well. Early days.
Also he said he just needs coaching. I dunno he could turn out alright..

Me dad reckons he will be cracking just needs a bit of experience etc. I thought he had been smoking dope ( My dad that is )

Also he said he just needs coaching. I dunno he could turn out alright..

Hopefully, Clarke didn't look the superstar he does now when he started, took coaching and minutes. Enough pedigree about him to persevere.

Back