*~*~* Sunderland v Leicester meltdown thread ko 19.45 Sky red button *~*~*

how was the 2nd half? Couldn't watch it, knackered, went to bed.
the stats seemed to suggest we gave it a go with 6 shots on target.
the opposite of the first half?

#Haway the stats!

It wasn’t a penalty nowhere near
He knees Ballards calf. Go watch it again. Clear foul, even the Leicester fans are convinced it’s a penalty
I think the keeper gets a touch.Great strike Less said about mundles follow up the better
He does, and it moves a lot in the air too. Don’t think it was going in regardless. Tbf to Mundle he’s had to come across 2 defenders and is running sideways so it’s nigh on impossible to head it back on target
First 20 mins, we were lucky not to be 2 or 3 down. After that we started to grow into the game. The second half was good but we couldn’t find a goal.

Overall, there were some positives to take from the evening
Sounds like every game since Mowbray turned up

Last edited:
He knees Ballards calf. Go watch it again. Clear foul, even the Leicester fans are convinced it’s a penalty

He does, and it moves a lot in the air too. Don’t think it was going in regardless. Tbf to Mundle he’s had to come across 2 defenders and is running sideways so it’s nigh on impossible to head it back on target

Sounds like every game since Mowbray turned up
I’ve seen it a million times it isn’t a penalty and VAR would’ve taken 10 seconds to confirm this

He threw himself to the ground great dive if he just goes over without the theatrical stuff maybe it’s given

“What do you want him to do there?”
How many times has he caught / smothered / pushed a shot out? As opposed to parrying it back into play leading to a goal?
He’s a poor goalie.
Do you think he could have caught/smothered or not pushed out the effort tonight?

I’ve seen it a million times it isn’t a penalty and VAR would’ve taken 10 seconds to confirm this

He threw himself to the ground great dive if he just goes over without the theatrical stuff maybe it’s given
There’s clear as day contact on his calf and VAR would have given it 100 times out of 100. As is seen in the PL every weekend. There’s a gif floating around here that shows it clear as day.

There’s clear as day contact on his calf and VAR would have given it 100 times out of 100. As is seen in the PL every weekend. There’s a gif floating around here that shows it clear as day.
He took a dive man after a shite touch ffs you can tell by his fall 😳 If that’s against us you are fuming 🙄

Go on the Leicester forum they all admit it’s a penalty, sky said it’s a penalty, former referee said it’s a penalty but some donkey on here said it’s not so that’s that cleared up.
Everyone on Leicester forum says it a penalty? Stip chatting crap and stop crying he dove it wasn’t a penalty

It wasn’t a penalty nowhere near
I thought it was when I saw it live but on the replay its obvious his touch was bad and he threw himself on the floor looking for something to make up for it. If he'd stayed on his feet he wouldn't have scored anyway, the ball was a foot too far in front

Just heard a bit of Dodds interview "we were sensational second half" is that true?

Minimal contact doest matter, he WAS contacted you've already said.
From the bits & pieces I've seen, heard & read, it seems to me that Dodds has a tendency to exaggerate any decent play & play down any bad play, lacking the confidence to tell it like it is.

Unlike Mowbray, who could usually be relied on to give a frank appraisal of a game. Would Mowbray have described our second half performance as 'sensational'? Only he knows, but I doubt it.

Dodds may be good as first team coach (I have little idea whether he is or not) but he doesn't immediately strike me as a good appointment as our head coach. It's early days, but so far, on the basis of the limited information available (and largely going on 'gut instinct'), I'm not impressed by him. That's only my opinion. He might consider his own performance 'sensational ', who knows?

That said, he might simply be nervous when dealing with the media & (away from the cameras etc.) be way better than he appears to be. If that's the case, he might be well advised to leave out the David Brent impressions, shut up & coach....

Last edited:
The Conor Coady handball was worse .. I was watching a stream with 2 former Leicester players in the studio and both said it was handball..

Back