*~*~* Sunderland v Coventry match thread *~*~*

Our shooting was abysmal.
Our midfield was sloppy, passing was poor and retention not good.
Our defence gave away poor goals and the keeper spilled one.
Our manager picked a daft striker, and made no changes until we were three down.

Beale has his work cut out. Good luck!

That’s right, and how is that relevant to today?
If you thought that was entertaining and exciting you were at a different match to me, it was shambolic.
Bristol City was what you describe but not today
I was describing todays game. It was a response to another post on this thread. The biggest issue is the striker situation. Clear as day. Way too many blanks this season. Ba scores today and the game evolves differently. That miss was a joke from a player who should not have been put in that position after his last two outings.

Last edited:
Re O'Nein's injury
wish we had someone to take his place ,he was absolutely dogshit today

And since we are not overloaded with central defenders you think it was acceptable to leave him on for a game that was totally lost and risk him being seriously injured???

O'Nein is without doubt one of our better players , not a problem and we will be seriously worse off if he picks up a long term injury.

Can't think of a reason to like Coventry...
Shame you feel that way. As the actions or words of a few do not represent the rest of us. There are more than a few of us on here who communicate sociably and have a laugh with this forums members without issue.

The "car damage" tweet and this utter helmet and his giggling cameraman are poor attempts at Coventry fans. Skye's car may indeed have been damaged on the way to the SoL. But to apportion blame and insult all Sunderland fans without proof of how/who caused it is unacceptable. No need for it and it only attracts further comments like your own, dragging what little respect we still have through the gutter.
and never once looked like it.

Doesn't have to score to warrant his position in the team (though it does help occasionally). If his presence distracts your CBs and pulls them out of position, that opens opportunities for his teammates to hit the holes and hopefully the net.

Last edited:
They say football fans have short memories, but I was there when your lot were chucking coins into the north stand… one or two including me will go back to May 1977… fcuk the sky blues are imho.
And you're entitled to that opinion. If you're still holding the grudge against Mr Hill from 1977, I can't and won't attempt to change your mind. But please understand, that was one mans decision to display the score. Noone else in that ground that night nor anyone born since had anything to do with it or can change what happened. You are effectively doing what the young lady in that tweet did, blaming everyone for one persons actions. And again, 2018 had 3000 Cov fans visit the SoL. While I accept items will have been thrown, coins, lighters etc, not all those visiting fans were responsible.

As I say, shame your opinion of all Coventry fans is darkened by your memory of one man as a lot of us are reasonable folks. There are a lot of common factors between our fan bases and clubs.

They say football fans have short memories, but I was there when your lot were chucking coins into the north stand… one or two including me will go back to May 1977… fcuk the sky blues are imho.
So where we're you for the many years between 75 and the Internet warriors of late

This stupid inane faux rivalry only came about because of keyboard wankers

There is no rivalry between us bar a few wankers

So she says she had 2 hours sleep, had to drink 2 cans of Red Bull to stay awake, turns up in Sunderland with a scuffed wheel arch, blames Sunderland fans for the damage and then tags the club hoping for compensation (she'll get sweet FA out of KLD)?

Looks like she might have had an accident and should maybe be investigated for dangerous driving!

Clown shoes 😁
That has to be one of the best ‘insults/banter’ come backs I’ve seen.
Alreet clown shoes... i must have got the wrong end of the stick and Jimmy Hill was well popular at roker Park in 80s and he certainly wouldn't be included in books on the history of Sunderland...

Logon or register to see this image
But that was banter….😒

. At the end of the day, you’d have had one fewer relegations. It was about 42 games. We’ve had our fair share of bad luck with bad owners, ground moves and being starved of funds etc…relegations.

Anyway, you deserve good owners. Your fans are loyal and all things being equal, you should be challenging. But I’m hearing bad things about your current owners. Good luck, The atmosphere at your ground is turning febrile. Hope you stick together and get some success this season.

Last edited:

Back