*** Sunderland v Blackpool match thread ***

We've got to learn to play the league one way. Knocking it about too much on the deck is absolute meat and drink for experienced league one stalwarts. They just sit back and we end up playing some majectic Ron Greenwood style horizontal nonsense. Parkinson's right to exploit Wyke's height and Watmore's pace to the max as it's one of our few assets. Pushing Hume further upfield wasn't a bad call either as he could and should have taken better advantage of a few knock downs. You're right about the packed midfield.

people say maguire put a shift in first half,
Hume was good going forward but had maguire in front of him who never gave him an option!
maguire didn't help that young lad out at all imo

people say maguire put a shift in first half,
Hume was good going forward but had maguire in front of him who never gave him an option!
maguire didn't help that young lad out at all imo
Maguire responded well to an awful week for him, but yes,they were blocking each other a bit. Another new system takes a bit of getting used to.

Maguire responded well to an awful week for him, but yes,they were blocking each other a bit. Another new system takes a bit of getting used to.

I thought the system made the de bock and fkannagan play better, yet others have slated them,,.
I didn't think anyone was awful,,, maybe dobson? Looks like he s running with a coat hanger in his shirt

I thought the system made the de bock and fkannagan play better, yet others have slated them,,.
I didn't think anyone was awful,,, maybe dobson? Looks like he s running with a coat hanger in his shirt
He gets through quite a lot of work closing down etc. Unfortunately, his lack of speed makes him look like a bit of a carthorse.

Back