Sunderland 'Til I Die - Poll added

Have you watched it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Further observations

Grayson dresses like a single 40 year old teacher out in town hoping to bump into his sixth formers. And has the most crab like eyes of any human who ever lived. He’s as inspiring as a wet fart.

I want to like Bain but he’s the typical “good at saying no but that’s it” exec type. He knows what’s bad but that’s the easy part. People like him meant to earn their money by delivering in spite of the problems. I could easily have been Sunderland’s chief exec of all it takes is pointing out what’s wrong. Been doing that on here for free for ten years.

As suspected Sunderland’s transfer window is one day long, the final day.

Disagree, think its absolutely brilliant TV.....The edits you are talking about are only noticed by you as you go to games, this was a series made for a worldwide audience not just Sunderland fans, its unreal.

I thought it was a missed opportunity really, even though the self-indulgent part of me enjoyed it. These behind-the-scenes things work best when the cameras become part of the furniture, literally at times. There was no dressing room stuff, not much that was candid or unscripted, and very few of the major decisions were given much camera time. Some stuff I'd have liked to have seen for example:

Watmore's injury and general story (he's an articulate guy)
Gooch arguing with senior players and calling out the wankers (or anything from Gooch)
Rodwell chatting with Coleman/Bain to any degree beyond second-hand stuff
Negotiations to buy/sell players, why players were saying no, what efforts were made
The chat between Grabban and Coleman in more detail, albeit fair enough they got both sides
Any kind of tactical insight into what either manager was trying to achieve, eg: dressing room pre-match talks
More from senior pros like Cattermole, O'Shea etc

This is just the type of stuff we would expect I guess, from a fly on the wall documentary. It felt a lot like any of the important stuff was so ring-fenced that it was just a story being told from afar, rather than some major insight. Decent TV, but just constructive criticism.

Further observations

Grayson dresses like a single 40 year old teacher out in town hoping to bump into his sixth formers. And has the most crab like eyes of any human who ever lived. He’s as inspiring as a wet fart.

I want to like Bain but he’s the typical “good at saying no but that’s it” exec type. He knows what’s bad but that’s the easy part. People like him meant to earn their money by delivering in spite of the problems. I could easily have been Sunderland’s chief exec of all it takes is pointing out what’s wrong. Been doing that on here for free for ten years.

To be fair the way they’ve edited deadline day it flies back and forwards throughout the month and makes it look like every player was signed on deadline day. At one point it shows the tactics board and Ejaria is in the side then it shows a game or two and then shows us signing Ejaria.

Edit: I know Ejaria wasn’t a deadline day signing so probs not the best example but couldn’t remember who else was on there (there were a few).

Last edited:
Further observations

Agree with that about Martin. Not being funny but hardly earning his cash. Could do it on a spreadsheet FFS.

Also.. just shows people thinking Camp / fletcher etc we’re good signings haha

Further observations

He looks like a fire damaged testicle

I thought it was a missed opportunity really, even though the self-indulgent part of me enjoyed it. These behind-the-scenes things work best when the cameras become part of the furniture, literally at times. There was no dressing room stuff, not much that was candid or unscripted, and very few of the major decisions were given much camera time. Some stuff I'd have liked to have seen for example:

Watmore's injury and general story (he's an articulate guy)
Gooch arguing with senior players and calling out the wankers (or anything from Gooch)
Rodwell chatting with Coleman/Bain to any degree beyond second-hand stuff
Negotiations to buy/sell players, why players were saying no, what efforts were made
The chat between Grabban and Coleman in more detail, albeit fair enough they got both sides
Any kind of tactical insight into what either manager was trying to achieve, eg: dressing room pre-match talks
More from senior pros like Cattermole, O'Shea etc

This is just the type of stuff we would expect I guess, from a fly on the wall documentary. It felt a lot like any of the important stuff was so ring-fenced that it was just a story being told from afar, rather than some major insight. Decent TV, but just constructive criticism.
I can only guess players like watmore and gooch didn’t want to be in it. They can only show what they’re allowed.

Bally playing head tennis - proper competitive:lol:

Please explain or give some examples because I don't see what you are seeing
The only thing that really jarred for me was the shot of the players boarding a plane before playing Carlisle!!

An absolute kernt of a human being and probably explains why he has had so many clubs.
Not a team man.
And the worst facial hair ever.

Feel sorry for Coleman. Yes. He has to take part blame as his teams and tactics were poor on the whole but the job he was given and players he had to work with were just horrible.
You can see his passion and desire to do well for us but when you can’t sign a half decent player it was pointless paying him in the first place to take the job.
That fat dosser having a go at Coleman and calling him a prick....wish the fat twat was smacked one.

7/10 for me.

Talk of our history was minimal and lacking any credibility. They should of compared our demise to to the closure of industry on the Wear.

They never mentioned we are one of a few set of clubs to go over 50 years in the top flight without relegation, never mind the number of league wins we have.

Coleman had no choice though due to both Bournemouth wanting to cash in and Grabban being a money grabbing prick.
Grabban last season: I never wanted or asked to leave, Coleman is lying...

Grabban on Netflix: I was subbed on 65 minutes so I wanted off, “this isn’t for me”. Then said he loved scoring against us for Villa!

What a f***ing **** he is

Feel sorry for Coleman. Yes. He has to take part blame as his teams and tactics were poor on the whole but the job he was given and players he had to work with were just horrible.
You can see his passion and desire to do well for us but when you can’t sign a half decent player it was pointless paying him in the first place to take the job.
That fat dosser having a go at Coleman and calling him a prick....wish the fat twat was smacked one.

McGeady's comments speak volumes

Back