Sunderland music thread

Big up to my marra Ben who puts loads of legwork in for this kind of thing. For a lad in his very early twenties he's certainly doing the live music scene in the city a great service.

Has anyone got any recommendations from that list - preferably before/after the match! I reckon I've only seen 3 of them - one only a couple of weeks ago (This Little Bird), one about 3 years ago (Roxy Girls) and Tipps, who I think is great but is on right in the middle of the match. She's definitely worth a look if you're not at the SOL.

Has anyone got any recommendations from that list - preferably before/after the match! I reckon I've only seen 3 of them - one only a couple of weeks ago (This Little Bird), one about 3 years ago (Roxy Girls) and Tipps, who I think is great but is on right in the middle of the match. She's definitely worth a look if you're not at the SOL.

Kickin Lillies are my mates, they're mint...

That is their brand new single. Well worth going to see live.

The lad NoYou is very good as well. All of his music was self produced, basically in his bedroom.

More pop, almost 1975ish in my opinion, but extremely talented. Also a nice lad to boot.

Elliot Adamson is one of the best DJs around for the afterparty too.

Outstanding value.

I hope it's well supported.
Really hope so as we need to encourage this kind of thing as much as possible.

So here's a little bump to say get into town lads and lasses, and see and support a load of up and coming bands for a tenner. Looks like great variety too...something for everyone.

Haven't decided where to go yet but starting at the Bunker to see Point Blanc then wherever the fancy takes me.

Last edited:
Really hope so as we need to encourage this kind of thing as much as possible.

So here's a little bump to say get into town lads and lasses, and see and support a load of up and coming bands for a tenner. Looks like great variety too...something for everyone.

Haven't decided where to go yet but starting at the Bunker to see Point Blanc then wherever the fancy takes me.

What time are Point Blanc on?

Back