Sunderland music thread

Is there a good playlist anywhere of new Sunderland bands? I’m fully out the loop nowadays

Is there a good playlist anywhere of new Sunderland bands? I’m fully out the loop nowadays

These bands and others played the recent Waves festival in Sunderland city Centre Roxy Girls and Kickin Lillies are certainly from Sunderland and are excellent.

Roxy Girls, rapper Sagaboi and punk trio Casual Threats as well as Ani Sandiwith, Elizabeth Liddle, Badmind, Lottie Willis, Faye Fantarrow James Leonard Hewitson, Kickin’ Lilies, Leopard Rays, Pit Pony, Point Blanc and Yusuf

@mux is yer man.

Last edited:
Sunlun on spotify.
These bands and others played the recent Waves festival in Sunderland city Centre Roxy Girls and Kickin Lillies are certainly from Sunderland and are excellent.

Roxy Girls, rapper Sagaboi and punk trio Casual Threats as well as Ani Sandiwith, Elizabeth Liddle, Badmind, Lottie Willis, Faye Fantarrow James Leonard Hewitson, Kickin’ Lilies, Leopard Rays, Pit Pony, Point Blanc and Yusuf

@mux is yer man.
Sly hand dont forget them...played on R6 and kexp apparently

Last edited:
Christmas party at Derwent Manor Hotel tonight mate.

Magnesia Bank in North Sheels on Sunday.

Whats on tomorrow night? You at a gig anywhere?

My mate wants to go to a Bruce Springsteen tribute act at the Peacock tonight he has a ticket but I think you can pay on the door. I'm not massive on Springsteen another mate of mine fancies the acoustic gig at the Chester's tonight.
I may end up going to Victors.

I may head down the East End tomorrow music on at Angeles Place and the Welcome Tavern.

How was the gig last night?

My mate wants to go to a Bruce Springsteen tribute act at the Peacock tonight he has a ticket but I think you can pay on the door. I'm not massive on Springsteen another mate of mine fancies the acoustic gig at the Chester's tonight.
I may end up going to Victors.

I may head down the East End tomorrow music on at Angeles Place and the Welcome Tavern.

How was the gig last night?
Went really well mate thanks. Can't go wrong with Christmas parties tbh.

SNUFF the London punk band are playing live the Peacock this Saturday night.
The Sour Mash Trio are playing two sets downstairs at the Peacock today first set is at 17.00.

Last edited:
This evening

White Line are playing Victors.

The Addiction are playing the Live Lounge.

The Peacock upstairs SNUFF a London punk band and downstairs Sunderland's finest the Sour Mash Trio.
Ooh, I love the Mash. Will pop in after the match.

I see the Peacock have got Ian McNabb on in April. Class act.

The Mash weren't playing and the pub was chokka early on, but I popped in on my way back from the Engine Room and they were on great form. Excellent atmosphere in the Peacock, as there will have been in most pubs after the win!

Last edited:

The Mash weren't playing and the pub was chokka early on, but I popped in on my way back from the Engine Room and they were on great form. Excellent atmosphere in the Peacock, as there will have been in most pubs after the win!

Thanks for the heads up about Ian McNabb marra.

Back