Sunderland music thread

Lorna the lass singing iirc
No idea tbh, gingery type hair from memory, used to wear a big coat. Although I was always pissed so could be wrong. Remember talking to Roughy down at Hawes one year and he didn't have a good word to say about them, said they were just posers although just kids. I couldn't remember, I was just a kid me'sel back then.

No idea tbh, gingery type hair from memory, used to wear a big coat. Although I was always pissed so could be wrong. Remember talking to Roughy down at Hawes one year and he didn't have a good word to say about them, said they were just posers although just kids. I couldn't remember, I was just a kid me'sel back then.
Canny that coming from a Mod singing in a punk band, nice bit of posing when he doned a pair of bondage trousers & old Mac when they supported the Revillos at the poly 🤣

Used to love watching these in Heroes, which was somewhere downstairs on either Fawcett Street or John Street. Canny few punk/new wave bands used to be on on a Tuesday or Thursday night in the late 70's, early 80's. Think I also saw them support Atletico Spizz at the Mecca.

Seen these at the Mecca..to me they were just trying to be like Penetration.

Never seen that before..Alf Dryden..one of the nicest lads from back then..gutted when i found out he'd died a few years back.
Canny that coming from a Mod singing in a punk band, nice bit of posing when he doned a pair of bondage trousers & old Mac when they supported the Revillos at the poly 🤣

I used to knock about with Mark..we used to go over Town End School and watch them rehearse..he was doing ok on the stand up comedy circuit anarl.

Last edited:

Back