Sunderland Have Begun To Speak To Candidates On Their Shortlist

The difference (in my hopes and opinion anyway) is we should have a bit of coin to throw about and we are already full to the brim of young attacking prospects.

I think WHEN Clarke goes and the strategy doesn't flex then their excuses have ran out.
Edited

A lad st the match today says we will appoint Steve cooper. Supposedly done and dusted.
IMO we need to appoint someone like Cooper to get fanbase back onside, let him appoint his own coaching setup and have input into transfers. Appointing someone like Heckingbottom will go down like a lead balloon and the negativity surrounding his appointment will be similar to Beale.

If it's going to be Cooper or Heckingbottam, why wait until summer?
Might as well bring them in now.

Despite Beale's 2 year contract I still think Will Still is the man they want, just didn't want to pay the compensation when they can get him for less in the summer.
A few months ago the appointment of Will Still could have been seen as ambitions and imaginative.
The problem now is the inexperience of the squad is being exposed, so you'd have inexperienced owners, Sporting Director, coaches, players and in Still an inexperienced head coach.
It's looking more and more like Mowbray's experience held a lot of things together which suggests another experienced head coach is needed.

Last edited:

Back