Sunderland Food & Drink Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t try anything from any of the stalls so I can’t speak for the taste of the food and it definitely smelled nice, but High St West and Market Square were hell on earth before when I walked through, mind Market Square is hell on earth any day of the week. Not sure High St West is a good location for it to be honest as it’s quite a busy street anyway so with all the shoppers it felt a bit manic and claustrophobic, but it was probably more pleasant up by Keel Square.

A whoosh right ?
John Christophe Novelli a 5 out of 5 star Rousette and multi Michelin starred chef... or some fat baldy bloke that used to be a greengrocer ...

OK. So I didn't actually check who was at Sunderland Food Fest before I took the mick out of it. Sue me.

And I like Gregg Wallace. I once entered Masterchef, but that's another story

Not saying the Shields one was amazing but the experience was better. All in one location instead of scattered around the town, seats and tables provided and a nice village fair feel.

WDSC were too ambitious and made the mistake of aiming the event at people who think £4.80 is a cracking price for a loaf of bread, i.e. people who'd rather stay in Newcastle to begin with.

Clocked Jean Christophe Novelli on his way to the stage and he had the same expression on his pyatt as Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes.

That’s what I love. It’s the slagging it off that’s class.

This black pudding isn’t fresh, are those mushrooms tinned? :lol:
Aye, the horror on their faces when they get served up a massive breakfast from a B&B in Blackpool costing £30 a night.

There’s always one in Blackpool and it’s always shit. Some of the combos that run guest houses are mental.
Must be hard to make a decent wage out of most of the ones that are on there. Some of the prices they charge are ridiculous as well, no way would I pay £200 a night when I can get a travelodge down the road for £50.

Must be hard to make a decent wage out of most of the ones that are on there. Some of the prices they charge are ridiculous as well, no way would I pay £200 a night when I can get a travelodge down the road for £50.
Not for a guest house. Aye if you’re off for a nice weekend away and they have a jacuzzi and that but daft b&b nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back