Sunderland Food & Drink Festival

Nookie Bear

Winger
Hasn't been a lot of publicity for this apart from on facebook so a reminder that this is happening at the weekend

Sunderland Food and Drink Festival: Guide to what's on when as city prepares for new event

The event will take place from Friday, June 21 until Sunday, June 23.

Sunderland’s new culinary festival is just around the corner – with demonstrations, famous faces and stalls galore!
As Wearside prepares for the Sunderland Food and Drink Festival, organisers have now unveiled a guide to what’s on and where.

There will be lots of tasty treats on offer at the new Sunderland Food and Drink Festival.

The three-day event, which launches on Friday, June 21 and ends on Sunday, June 23, will showcase food and drink from local, regional and international traders.

It’s taking place across a number of sites in the city centre; Keel Square, High Street West, Market Square and Blandford Street.

Organised by Sunderland BID, RR Events and Sunderland City Council, the festival promises something tasty for the whole family.

Councillor John Kelly, Sunderland City Council Portfolio Holder for Communities and Culture, said: “We had a very successful event with Scrantastic in Houghton in May, and we’re looking forward to working with Sunderland BID to replicate that in the city centre – but with more food, more stalls and more demonstrations.

“There’ll be something for everyone, so whether you’re a foodie or just looking for something different for the family, we hope you’ll head down to the city centre and support this fantastic new event.”

Highlights of the festival programme

Demonstrations at Keel Square

Friday, June 21 at 12pm and 3pm: Ryan Riley from Life Kitchen

Friday, June 21 at 2pm: Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food

Friday, June 21 at 5pm: Revolution’s cocktail masterclass

Saturday, June 22 at 10am: Bows, Bakes and Cakes drip cake demo

Saturday, June 22 at 11am: Foraging expert Alysia Vasey

Saturday, June 22 at 12pm, 2pm and 4pm: Jean-Christophe Novelli

Saturday, June 22 at 3pm: Nedi Chera with authentic Indian cuisine

Saturday, June 22 at 5pm: Ps and Qs cocktail masterclass

Sunday, June 23 at 11am and 1pm: CBeebies’ Katy Ashworth

Sunday, June 23 at 12pm and 2pm: Masterchef’s Dean Edwards

Blandford Street: Showcasing the North East’s fresh and regional produce

High Street West: The home for the festival’s tempting street food stalls

Market Square: Where to visit the continental market and craft stall

For more information, visit the food festival website here.

Last edited:

At work all weekend so won’t get chance to get down unfortunately. Wouldn’t mind seeing Katy Ashworth :oops:.
As I mentioned on a previous thread, it seems strange to have it spread over various locations and I hope this won’t be to detriment of the event.

Friday is the only day Iam free which is a shame because I always like to support the local food fests.
Never seen this advertised though

It’s too spread out over the city and over too many days, should be all on at Keel square together. I can understand why they’ve spread it out but it just won’t feel like a festival

It’s too spread out over the city and over too many days, should be all on at Keel square together. I can understand why they’ve spread it out but it just won’t feel like a festival
That’s the spirit mate. Blandford st is about 500 yards from keel square. Fuck that. Absolutely shite and should be cancelled or give lifts on golf buggies.

At work all weekend so won’t get chance to get down unfortunately. Wouldn’t mind seeing Katy Ashworth :oops:.
Seen her at Scrantastic a few weeks ago in Houghton. Googled her and came across Fathers for justice slagging her off.

Last edited:
Spread out over the city makes it sound like a bigger trek than it is mind. :lol:

That’s the spirit mate. Blandford st is about 500 yards from keel square. Fuck that. Absolutely shite and should be cancelled or give lifts on golf buggies.

Seen her at Scrantastic a few weeks ago in Houghton. Googled her and came across Fathers for justice slagging her off.

I went to that in Houghton. She grabbed 3 dad's from the crowd to make nobs of themselves. I'm glad I wasn't on of them. :lol:

Back