Sunderland Echo cock up re: Arca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just seen it again thanks to that link and had a great laugh second time around as well. Poor Julio though :lol:

ehh?

the "paper" is quite happy to use twitter to bring in revenue then it allows stuff like this which was a disgraceful act btw to go out. Arca was the victim The echo had a duty of care in which it utterly failed, hence they had it coming. if it happened to you would you allow the paper to go scott free?

yet another example of why not to by the echo
to be fair, there's " duty of care" and there's "ooops I made a mistake, I'll correct it within 10 minutes".

Still a bit shit for him though.

Somebody tends to overreact and be over dramatic about a little mistake. The tweet was taken down within seconds was probably seen by less than 15 people until Arca highlighted it. Why should every mistake be a court case the sue culture arca pursued is pathetic.
Somebody is keen to downplay things.

According to your version, in a few seconds less than 15 people saw it.

If that got him trending on Twitter, then it is more than enough time.

I'm not blaming whoever updates their social media but The Echo as a media outlet.

Without a second pair of eyes to check for even basic fuck ups these incidents are going to happen.

At least Julio could afford a good lawyer to get it resolved, if it had happened to Joe Public they'd have had little chance of compensation.

thing is almost everyone knew it was a mix up because it was a pic of julio , imagine if it was an average joe bloggs they got the wrong picture for they'd never live it down

Absolute rag now, they've stopped the comments page on articles and only allow face book comments, how bloody stupid is that, very few people reading the Echo will be bothered using face book, digging their own grave with shit like this and amateur journalism.

I think you're vastly underestimating Facebook's reach mind.

But the paper is indeed shit.

He lives in my street, will update if he turns up in a new Ferrari with his comp :) Seriously he seems a canny fella and has young kids, can understand why he'd be foaming.

Somebody tends to overreact and be over dramatic about a little mistake. The tweet was taken down within seconds was probably seen by less than 15 people until Arca highlighted it. Why should every mistake be a court case the sue culture arca pursued is pathetic.
You on the afternoon shift at the Echo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back