Sunderland Echo cock up re: Arca

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope he took them to the cleaners
You would you’ve had an anti Echo agenda for years.

Not at all, he was trending on twitter, abused online and his name dragged through the mud

I hope he took those fuckers to the cleaners
Get a grip. He was trending locally not nationally because it was a mistake that was rectified within minutes. He wasn’t dragged through the mud at all. I doubt one person thought Arca was the pervert.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would you’ve had an anti Echo agenda for years.

Get a grip. He was trending locally not nationally because it was a mistake that was rectified within minutes. He wasn’t dragged through the mud at all. I doubt one person thought Arca was the pervert.
Somebody has a shaky grasp of defamation law and a tendency to talk shite

Worked there long?

Somebody has a shaky grasp of defamation law and a tendency to talk shite

Worked there long?
Somebody tends to overreact and be over dramatic about a little mistake. The tweet was taken down within seconds was probably seen by less than 15 people until Arca highlighted it. Why should every mistake be a court case the sue culture arca pursued is pathetic.

The bloke is f***ing magical for South Shields. Does extra training sessions, has a stand named after him and does book and programme signing sessions at WHS in Shields.

f***ing love Julio.

Last edited:
Bit greedy of Julio to sue when the tweet was quickly deleted by the Echo. Surprised he took it further.
ehh?

the "paper" is quite happy to use twitter to bring in revenue then it allows stuff like this which was a disgraceful act btw to go out. Arca was the victim The echo had a duty of care in which it utterly failed, hence they had it coming. if it happened to you would you allow the paper to go scott free?

yet another example of why not to by the echo

Taken them all this time to apologise
They apologised almost straight away on social media.
The reason for the apology appearing on the Echo site now will be linked to the length of the legal process, given reimbursement of legal fees has been mentioned.

Here's a post from March with the apology.

they tweeted it out didn't they?

Sunderland Echo‏Verified account @SunderlandEcho 1h1 hour ago
Apologies for a recent tweet from our @SunderlandEcho account which used an incorrect picture with a story. This was rectified ASAP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back