BBC Sunderland are making transfer moves - Speakman

"transfer activity is at the mercy of selling clubs,"

if you bid peanuts, yes!
make a proper bid for a proper player and they will snap your hands off.

does he think we are stupid?
He's still working to a budget set by Kid. that's the start of all of it. Same as Baines.

They work for the owners. This conspiracy about KS being involved in team selection however, hasn't gone away. And appointing Beale...just stinks, again Kid sanctioned that.

It's Kid that's the problem here, then KS.

On the question that we inly sign young players: "We've re-signed [Luke] O'Nien, we've signed [Danny] Batth, we've signed [Alex] Pritchard, we've signed [Corry] Evans"

Another absolutely mental quote

This place is bat shit crazy.
Our team is thankfully unrecognisable from KS and KLD taking over.
Our 4 strikers we signed have been poor at the moment, but there's enough evidence that we have signed some real quality since he became DOF.
So much so that in our 18 months in the champ we have been competing for promotion play off places.
The last 3 seasons of clubs going up from league 1 and there standing in the champ at the end of the following two seasons.

2019/20 cov (16th/12th) Rotherham and Wycombe (both relegated)

2020/21 hull (19th/15th) Peterborough (relegated) Blackpool (16th , relegated)

2021/22 Wigan (relegated) Rotherham (19th now bottom) Sunderland (6th now 10th).

Ipswich aside - and I don't think they will go up, were doing ok compared to most promoted clubs. And that's cos we have been ran well in signings players. We're not risking ffp - we have lots of wriggle room.
It seems to me that most on here would think the best way to run the club would be to spend and be as close to ffp as physically possible, but if that didn't work out, we have no way of changing (adding) to the team.

Just cos of the mag debacle (nowt to do with him) and MB (which is) why are loads of fans acting like proper Fanny's and just being a prick about everything which comes from KS or KLD?
We're going to sign some players - and it's a source of slagging the club off.
Weve done ok on the field since he came.
Get a grip man!
I think most people are expecting some underwhelming signings or 'We tried to sign Amad but couldn't get it over the line'. I'd be very surprised if we get what we need. Despite a couple years of promise, it looks clear to me that we have peaked and are now going backwards again. If we keep trying to do everything on the cheap, it is going to be very difficult to compete at the top end.

The moves being
“In out in out, shake it all about.
Do the hokey-cokey and turn around.”
That’s what the process is all about!

On the question that we inly sign young players: "We've re-signed [Luke] O'Nien, we've signed [Danny] Batth, we've signed [Alex] Pritchard, we've signed [Corry] Evans"

Another absolutely mental quote
They also binned Batth, binned Gooch, tried to bin Pritchard, and have not replaced Evans in now three windows.

Hmm...

I just visited a Vertu BMW showroom.

I really need a new X5, for the family, I offered £20,000... the salesperson said sorry no.
I left leaving my contact details with him, stating my offer was on the table.

I wonder if I will hear from them?

The flaw in your argument is we are Sunderland AFC, comparing us to Rotherham, Wycombe, Peterborough, Blackpool and Wigan just shows how much some people expect our expectations to have dropped

It's not good enough!!!!!!!

It I interesting that the last two times we have been promoted and then done well the subsequent season, the season after Ipswich have come up and blown what we did out of the water

Back