BBC Sunderland are making transfer moves - Speakman

RTG

Robot
Staff member
From BBC Sport.

Sunderland are involved in negotiations to sign players in the January window, says sporting director Kristjaan Speakman.

more...

Great , excited to see who we bring in.

I'm guessing us signing players will be met with as much negativity as if we don't from some?

Great , excited to see who we bring in.

I'm guessing us signing players will be met with as much negativity as if we don't from some?
Yeah I can’t wait for Speakman to parade a child with 0 senior appearances to his name that we’ve signed on loan (because we can’t afford the £50k fee) as our saviour.

This place is bat shit crazy.
Our team is thankfully unrecognisable from KS and KLD taking over.
Our 4 strikers we signed have been poor at the moment, but there's enough evidence that we have signed some real quality since he became DOF.
So much so that in our 18 months in the champ we have been competing for promotion play off places.
The last 3 seasons of clubs going up from league 1 and there standing in the champ at the end of the following two seasons.

2019/20 cov (16th/12th) Rotherham and Wycombe (both relegated)

2020/21 hull (19th/15th) Peterborough (relegated) Blackpool (16th , relegated)

2021/22 Wigan (relegated) Rotherham (19th now bottom) Sunderland (6th now 10th).

Ipswich aside - and I don't think they will go up, were doing ok compared to most promoted clubs. And that's cos we have been ran well in signings players. We're not risking ffp - we have lots of wriggle room.
It seems to me that most on here would think the best way to run the club would be to spend and be as close to ffp as physically possible, but if that didn't work out, we have no way of changing (adding) to the team.

Just cos of the mag debacle (nowt to do with him) and MB (which is) why are loads of fans acting like proper Fanny's and just being a prick about everything which comes from KS or KLD?
We're going to sign some players - and it's a source of slagging the club off.
Weve done ok on the field since he came.
Get a grip man!

From BBC Sport.

Sunderland are involved in negotiations to sign players in the January window, says sporting director Kristjaan Speakman.

more...
"transfer activity is at the mercy of selling clubs,"

if you bid peanuts, yes!
make a proper bid for a proper player and they will snap your hands off.

does he think we are stupid?

This place is bat shit crazy.
Our team is thankfully unrecognisable from KS and KLD taking over.
Our 4 strikers we signed have been poor at the moment, but there's enough evidence that we have signed some real quality since he became DOF.
So much so that in our 18 months in the champ we have been competing for promotion play off places.
The last 3 seasons of clubs going up from league 1 and there standing in the champ at the end of the following two seasons.

2019/20 cov (16th/12th) Rotherham and Wycombe (both relegated)

2020/21 hull (19th/15th) Peterborough (relegated) Blackpool (16th , relegated)

2021/22 Wigan (relegated) Rotherham (19th now bottom) Sunderland (6th now 10th).

Ipswich aside - and I don't think they will go up, were doing ok compared to most promoted clubs. And that's cos we have been ran well in signings players. We're not risking ffp - we have lots of wriggle room.
It seems to me that most on here would think the best way to run the club would be to spend and be as close to ffp as physically possible, but if that didn't work out, we have no way of changing (adding) to the team.

Just cos of the mag debacle (nowt to do with him) and MB (which is) why are loads of fans acting like proper Fanny's and just being a prick about everything which comes from KS or KLD?
We're going to sign some players - and it's a source of slagging the club off.
Weve done ok on the field since he came.
Get a grip man!
The flaw in your argument is we are Sunderland AFC, comparing us to Rotherham, Wycombe, Peterborough, Blackpool and Wigan just shows how much some people expect our expectations to have dropped

It's not good enough!!!!!!!

Back