Sunderland AFC U21s v Leicester City U21s - Live on Youtube 7pm

Kelly must be the next u21 to get minutes in the first team, always looks to create and seems to have an end product.
He looked to get his head up and create something every time he got the ball
Get another win on the board, then give some of these lads some 1st team experience. Nothing to lose.
I’d rather watch some of these lads as opposed to some of the shite we brought in the last couple of windows.
As you say, confirm safety and get some of them in.

Last edited:
Didn't realise it was Brad Young in goal for them Sunderland lad signed from Hartlepool and at one point with the England set up.

I've never even seen him play but I'd love to see Watson given a chance. From what some people have said he could be a natural successor to Clarke.

I've never even seen him play but I'd love to see Watson given a chance. From what some people have said he could be a natural successor to Clarke.
He looks the natural replacement but maybe just a bit too soon. Tough decisions on sone youngsters, can’t keep everyone but a lot deserve more time.

He looks very talented and was targeted by them tonight.
Needs to learns the game a bit more (our coaches were shouting at him to move a few times) but certainly appears to have ability.

Compare Kelly to Hemir in terms of awareness, commitment, ability to pick a pass, and finishing. One has drifted around the pitch several times for the first team, the other hasn’t got on yet.

That is only one example, Bainbridge is another. We have some good kids, not loads, but some good ones, who have been schooled to play in the pattern required and are committed as well as talented. It is one thing to be in the shadow of more experienced players, but another to be behind players who have been brought in who they are the equal of.

Back