Sunderland AFC U21s v Brighton & Hove Albion U21s Kick Off 7pm

I know it's pretty much de rigueur to pile in on Hetton lass but without her/his/its post yesterday evening I would have had no clue that the U21s were playing. I tuned in out of curiosity then stayed to watch the whole match. Enjoyable, so thanks Hetton lass, whoever/whatever you may be!

I know it's pretty much de rigueur to pile in on Hetton lass but without her/his/its post yesterday evening I would have had no clue that the U21s were playing. I tuned in out of curiosity then stayed to watch the whole match. Enjoyable, so thanks Hetton lass, whoever/whatever you may be!
There's a dedicated u18s and u21s thread with all info about players, fixtures and streaming by other posters

If there's a stream i'll do a match thread too

Yea I value the updates as well especially when on holiday so thanks @hettand welcome back!
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Whatever Hetton is/ are, easily one of the most valuable posters on this forum.

It's an interesting one. Richardson and young both signed contracts till 26. I wonder where it all fits going forward. Both to be on loan? See who is ready first to compete?
Sell one? I'm not sure what the plan is? Richardsons fitness consistency is the only this that lets him down. Good to see him back.
Great to see him back,you are right though consistency is key going forward but he is capable.

It's an interesting one. Richardson and young both signed contracts till 26. I wonder where it all fits going forward. Both to be on loan? See who is ready first to compete?
Sell one? I'm not sure what the plan is? Richardsons fitness consistency is the only this that lets him down. Good to see him back.
Bass, Kels and Cameron moved on?

1st Team Patterson
1st Team Bishop
U21 Richardson/Young
U18 Metcalf
Other GK's move up age groups

Likely get another keeper in like Kels to cover

Monty is a strange one, came on trial which was successful, was offered a short work experience, but still here

1st Team Patterson
1st Team Bishop
U21 Richardson/Young
U18 Metcalf

Monty is a strange one, came on trial which was successful, was offered a short work experience, but still here

I think Kel will go, Bass sold and Cameron to get a pro.
21s I can see Cameron and one of the above but likely Young to go out again. They've had a few trialists in earlier in the year.
I've heard Monty is gone but not officially from the club. @drivingiron have you heard anything?

I think Kel will go, Bass sold and Cameron to get a pro.
21s I can see Cameron and one of the above but likely Young to go out again. They've had a few trialists in earlier in the year.
I've heard Monty is gone but not officially from the club. @drivingiron have you heard anything?
Good thread as always hope all the lads progress worked hard with lots of challenges .. Monty I hear is on trial at Birmingham and has left ..

Good thread as always hope all the lads progress worked hard with lots of challenges .. Monty I hear is on trial at Birmingham and has left ..
Cheers. Bit of a strange thing to have him over here for so long, training keeper at most. Hopefully with some movement Metcalfe can have 18s and have a good run of it. He's more than good enough, Cameron and others should find out soon enough if he's kept on, if so get some 21s.

1st Team Patterson
1st Team Bishop
U21 Richardson/Young
U18 Metcalf

Might as well give Cameron a pro deal if you are then going to go and get an extra keeper.

Cheers. Bit of a strange thing to have him over here for so long, training keeper at most. Hopefully with some movement Metcalfe can have 18s and have a good run of it. He's more than good enough, Cameron and others should find out soon enough if he's kept on, if so get some 21s.
Think pro deals for 2nd years announced Thursday

Back