Sunderland AFC U18s

Commitment or stupidity whichever way you want to look at it :lol:

Was down in Telford on Monday afternoon watching the Under 21s, it's a good excuse to tick off new grounds. Got Cardiff U21s away booked for next month which looks like a decent ground.
Fair play that’s absolutely mental 😂 I love football and enjoy keeping an eye on our academy sides and popping down and watching a few but I think I would draw the line at 7 on a wet November morning to go watch our 18s at Blackburn
I believe Sunderland are top of the league ahead of Man City and Liverpool. Someone is doing a good job there, as well as there being talent in the team.
In theory some big tests coming up, Man City, United and Liverpool in the next 4 league games. But fair play to the lads they are flying

Last edited:
Do any of our minor teams ever win.
kernel has kind of answered this already but our junior teams win quite a bit of stuff even though that isn’t really the main aim. That side today is a mix of under 16s and first year scholars. They also had someone sent off just before half time at 2-1 so that didn’t help
11am. 17s isn't it?

It's now 12.30 apparently. Heard it was an early ko.
You were right. Spoke to the bloke on the door, boro thought it was a 1 kick off 😂. So it got moved

Last edited:
Jake Waters doing well. He has only been with the academy for a year or so. He played for South Shields in the RF for years. He was always a good foot bigger than most of the other lads.
My team played against him many times.

kernel has kind of answered this already but our junior teams win quite a bit of stuff even though that isn’t really the main aim. That side today is a mix of under 16s and first year scholars. They also had someone sent off just before half time at 2-1 so that didn’t help
That's it, in younger age groups results can be easily judged without looking into the circumstances.
Know a couple were missing who would have started. Good opportunity for others to step up.

Sunderland AFC U18S V Manchester City U18S Kick Off 11.30am AOL

1. M. Young
2. B. Williams
3. O. Brainbridge
4. M. Burke
5. H. Fieldson
6. Z. Johnson
7. E. Moore
8. W. Cain
9. M. Cotcher
10. B. Middlemass
11. T. Watson

12. W. Dowling
13. J. Robertson
14. J. Jones
15. J. Waters
20. D. Cameron
1-0 Cain
1-1
1-1 HT
1-1 FT

Last edited:
Sunderland AFC U18S V Manchester City U18S Kick Off 11.30am AOL

1. M. Young
2. B. Williams
3. O. Brainbridge
4. M. Burke
5. H. Fieldson
6. Z. Johnson
7. E. Moore
8. W. Cain
9. M. Cotcher
10. B. Middlemass
11. T. Watson

12. W. Dowling
13. J. Robertson
14. J. Jones
15. J. Waters
20. D. Cameron
1-0 Cain
1-1
1-1 HT
1-1 FT
Good game. We had chances to win it. Wouldn't like to guess how much they paid for their squad. Lads did well.

Decent point . Methven is an arse but I remember him getting some crap for making a point around what you just did about how much these clubs are shelling out. But it is a fact. Jay Lloyd samuals son playing for anyone who watched the documentary recently.

Back