Sunday morning train to Kings X

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Davo2428, May 20, 2019.

1. Davo2428

Davo2428 Full Back

From Durham at 8:08 - whats the crack with not getting on the train if you haven't got a seat reservation?

Do they actually stop people getting on with valid tickets if they don't have a seat reserved?

Skitzing the train will be chocka and we wont get on

HWTL

2. Marcosplace

Marcosplace Striker

Majority of people won’t have reservations. If the are open returns - it allows you to get any train.

3. woodlebert

woodlebert Striker

You will get on. At worst you will be standing

vote quimby likes this.
  4. That's the legal position but weren't guards restricting people getting on last time?

5. Darlo1973

Darlo1973 Midfield

Surprisingly there is no legal maximum number of people who can be carried on a train. There is only the maximum people who can be physically squeezed into the door before departure time.

6. Up The Bracket

Up The Bracket Central Defender

I'm on the 7:54 LNER from Newcastle and it's states to sit in any unreserved seat

7. Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper Striker

Going off my experience of getting the train for the Checkatrade final, you’ll get on but I’ll be amazed if you’re not standing. I never saw any staff stopping people or even filtering people onto the platform or train, and actual tickets never got checked once. Could have got on and not paid a penny. :lol:

8. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Midfield

No.

9. Experience from the CT final, everyone with reservations got their seats. Got a bit busy coming back on the monday, but again everyone with reservations appeared to get their tickets

10. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

Stood all the way there (the Saturday morning) and never once had me tickets checked.

J_169 likes this.
  11. HORDEN SAFC

HORDEN SAFC Full Back

All first class reservations look to be all gone for Sunday morning

12. I'm in the same position, I'm heading for the 1st train out of Newcastle on Sunday just in case.

13. BDI

BDI Winger

Might be an idea to check before hand, which carriage is unreserved, and camp by that area before the train comes in, unless of course its the 1st train out of NCL

I think it MAY be Coach D, but they do differ train to train

14. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

I'll be finding meself a standing spot in vestibule for me and me cans with the bog in plain sight.

15. Go in 1st class, £25 for the upgrade.

16. BDI

BDI Winger

Having to take the 8 yr this time (although all shes interested in, is the Hotel with Pool we're booked on the Saturday Night!)

Told her she better now spoil the weeekend or i'll be taking her every week from Aug 12

scuzzmonster and chriswallace85 like this.
  17. Baghdad McBadLad

Baghdad McBadLad Midfield

8.25 from Central - going to be carnage like last time.

Churchlanelad likes this.
  18. Sounds good to me

chriswallace85 likes this.
  19. Andy™

Andy™ Striker

7:54 for me +5 aswell with no reservation. I'll fight you all.

20. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

:lol:

She'll be needing this then.

Dilligaf60 and BDI like this.